Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor?

/ Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor?
BK (before kids), I had a lot of time to do my own maintenance on my toys. Now, I just want to enjoy the toys. I have several kubota dealers and several JD dealers close by. By that I mean 5 miles or less. The closest LS, kioti, new holland etc. are 50 miles or so. I'll probably stick with kubota or Deere as a result.

/ Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor? #52  
Just a thought, but just how much of that fine Ga red clay do you have around you? When wet, that stuff gets as slick as a diaper full of something and at that time, your going to love the front wheel assist. My JD is two wheel drive and when it gets stuck, IT IS STUCK! Look at your land and just how much rain your going to get, and then go buy the bigger two wheel drive, lol.
David from jax

We don't have the red clay, thank goodness. It's very fertile, somewhat sandy soil. I'm now trying to decipher the differences between Deere and kubota.

/ Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor? #54  
We don't have the red clay, thank goodness. It's very fertile, somewhat sandy soil. I'm now trying to decipher the differences between Deere and kubota.

Color...they both are excellent tractors with great resale value. Which dealer is closer or put the screws less to you?

One Deere dealer is less than 2 miles. Another is about 5. One kubota is about 10 miles, another about 15. It's a small town so everyone knows your name, and your business.

/ Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor? #56  

I can tell you that when I was shopping, green was around 7k more than a similarly equipped Kubota. Couldn't even begin to justify that much of a spread between the two tractors. I was very close to getting a Grand L Kubota before I found my Kioti. Deere had priced itself out of the running.

/ Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor? #57  
When shopping for a new dozer last summer, I saved 24k by buying a komatsu instead of another deere. Komatsu has great reviews, the dealer seemed fantastic, it was a no brainer. Here 8 months and 4 warranty issues (that still have not been fixed) later, I'm starting to regret it and wonder how much that 24 grand saved is actually going to cost me. Bottom line is, dont let price blind you like it did me.

/ Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor? #58  
When shopping for a new dozer last summer, I saved 24k by buying a komatsu instead of another deere. Komatsu has great reviews, the dealer seemed fantastic, it was a no brainer. Here 8 months and 4 warranty issues (that still have not been fixed) later, I'm starting to regret it and wonder how much that 24 grand saved is actually going to cost me. Bottom line is, dont let price blind you like it did me.

Yes, spending more always means less headaches.. or not. Nothing worse than spending big bucks on a quality brand and still ending up with a lemon.

Rest assured that Deere and Kubota are quality brands that both have plusses and minuses. Quality wise, you are comapring apples to apples. There are hundreds of threads on here as testament to that. So with all that being said, I don't think there is anything wrong with going with the tractor that saves you a ton of cash if all else is equal to the OP. Heck, perhaps where he is, the Deere might be cheaper...you never know. All I know is that the Deere dealers around here are loosing many, many sales in this catagory due to their exceptionally high prices. They don't even stock very many 3 and 4 series so even trying to try one out is a challenge. When I was looking one couldn't even find a cab 4 series for over 60 miles and many dealers.

/ Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor? #59  

My family runs a large excavating business with millions of dollars in Komatsu equipment without any issues. They have ran komatsu for at least 20 years. Used to purchase caterpillar which weren't any better.

/ Compact 4wd v. Larger 2wd utility tractor? #60  
Double post...don't know why.