New Holland 269 and s69 balers - which is best?

/ New Holland 269 and s69 balers - which is best? #1  

ejm15

Tractor
kubota mx 5100
Ok, I have a new holland 269 and a new holland s69. I need to sell one or the other and I just got the s69, So I don't know how well the knotters or knives work etc. However assuming that both balers are in the same condition, which would it be better to keep? I like the 269 and it has served me well, but the s69 with its convience controls and bale wagon hitch seem like nice extras :thumbsup: . Any ideas?

/ New Holland 269 and s69 balers - which is best? #2  
I have been around both and I prefer S69 design of the feeder tine drive system over the 269 flat design feeder system. IMO the S69 is easier to maintain and rebuild if needed and parts are readly availible through the dealer. Both very good balers.

/ New Holland 269 and s69 balers - which is best? #3  
Both good balers, knotters can be troublsome, if you have a tried and true baler and all else is equal I would stick with that if you have questions about the other knotters. I think you will be OK either way. Why did you just get the s69? Is something wrong with the 269? I have a theory that those old balers are all good balers, if they were not they would have become scrap long ago.

/ New Holland 269 and s69 balers - which is best?
Why did you just get the s69? Is something wrong with the 269?

No nothng is grong with the 269. I came across the s69 for $500 and it seemed in better condition than my 269,but with one draw back the pickup reel would not spin. however I was able to see the problem, the "clicker" (same as one on flywheel) was rusted and the spring-loaded pins would not come out. I thought I would have to get a whole new part but when I got it home and put some oil on it the pins came right out - so I got a really good deal on a really good baler :cool2: .

/ New Holland 269 and s69 balers - which is best? #5  
Crap shoot then, whenever I sell something the one I kept breaks down the next day, sometimes that afternoon. I would keep them both, a lot of parts should interchange. I do like my 67 pretty well, the 69 is very similar, simple effective machines.