New to tractors, could use some help!

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #11  
Look at LS tractor. Us owners will promise you that you will never regret the move.

Good luck.
Mike

I had never heard of LS Tractor before this thread. so I went to town looking for information on the net. I expected to see all kinds of information, videos and reviews like you do for,,, pretty much every other tractor. I mean Even Nortrack and Jinma Tractors have information readily available. LS on the other hand, is sparse. I have been looking around for over an hour now and all I have been able to turn over were a few videos. Rather underwhelming videos at that. Went to the LS Tractor website, and even the website offers little in the way of details beside the most basic information. No pictures of the J2020 H besides 4 tiny ones that don't show anything. Could not get a look at the operator lay out. No walk around videos, nothing.

Now I am in no position to pass any kind of judgement, opinion or otherwise on the LS Tractors. But based just on the amount of information readily available, or not available, the limited dealer network (There is only one listed anywhere close to us in weedsport, that's it), and lack of any substantial resale information, I think I would personally be very Leary. Maybe they make a first class tractor. But if service and resale are questionable, you would have to be saving a WHOLE LOT of $$$ to make it worth taking a chance with. Especially for a first time tractor buyer. Reliability in service is pretty important to anyone not well versed in repairing their own equipment.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #12  
I think Gary needs to jump in and help you realize that you don't need fancy websites to sell a superior product.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #13  
I think Gary needs to jump in and help you realize that you don't need fancy websites to sell a superior product.

Maybe, maybe not. It still does not change the fact that they are fairly unknown, and difficult to find information about. Having only one dealer in the whole area, is also worrisome.

But as you seem to think highly of them, why in your estimation should anyone give them much attention when there are a number of brands with much larger networks with well established reputations, both tractor and dealer. What is so special about the LS Tractor that would greatly discount these factors? Id go out and try to learn this information first hand, if only it were available.

I note that they do not offer a SCUT model at all.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #14  
Maybe, maybe not. It still does not change the fact that they are fairly unknown, and difficult to find information about. Having only one dealer in the whole area, is also worrisome.

But as you seem to think highly of them, why in your estimation should anyone give them much attention when there are a number of brands with much larger networks with well established reputations, both tractor and dealer. What is so special about the LS Tractor that would greatly discount these factors? Id go out and try to learn this information first hand, if only it were available.

I note that they do not offer a SCUT model at all.

Go to your New Holland dealer it's a LS with less.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #15  
Go to your New Holland dealer it's a LS with less.

The New Holland is an LS Tractor with less?

So, is LS a subsidiary of Ford New Holland? Does the Ford New Holland dealer network sell parts for and support the LS Tractors?

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #16  

So, is LS a subsidiary of Ford New Holland? Does the Ford New Holland dealer network sell parts for and support the LS Tractors?

I am "pretty sure" LS only makes some of the NH tractors, Shibaru use to make them, now LS does, you might check with Ken Sweet as I think he is a NH dealer.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #17  
My JD 2305 works. I bought it used last year with 90 hours, $13,000 with FEL, MMM 72", ballast box. Quick drop bucket was important for me since I want pallet forks not clamp on and they are available for this 200CX loader. 6 acres but 2 woods and a pond so about 3 which I work. 700 ft drive and very hilly. 4 WD all the time and low range 90% of the time. VERY MANEUVERABLE so great near buildings. I could use more power at times but it gets the job done.
Good luck.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #18  
I am "pretty sure" LS only makes some of the NH tractors, Shibaru use to make them, now LS does, you might check with Ken Sweet as I think he is a NH dealer.

Sorry didn't mean all, the small boomers but he would see one.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #19  

Know but I thought you wanted to see a LS tractor. It's marked right on the frame tag.
Edit: Ford and New Holland are no more.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #20  

Just did a bit more digging now that a connection was made With New Holland.

New Holland is a division of CNH Global. LS Tractors is a division of LS Cable of South Korea. LS tractors had a contract for a time with FIAT motors, who bought New Holland. And for a time, LS imported some New Holland tractors to sell as LS and LS New Holland. LS never built tractors for New Holland. LS tractors however builds it's own tractors, for sale in North America as Montana Tractors, and as of 2009 as it's own name brand, LS Tractors. At one time, they built tractors for Farm Track, and TAFE Tractors, both Indian companies and also for sale in North America.

LS tractors started out as a division of HYUNDAI in 1975 and had affiliation with Yanmar. Through several mergers and aquisitions, LS tractors have been sold as GoldStar, Fiat-GoldStar, LG, LG-Fiat, LG-New Holland, LS and LS-New Holland names in South Korea. In North America, they have been sold as LG Montana, Montana, Farmtrac LandTrac, LongAgri LandTrac, McCormick Tractors and Landini.

Long story short, LS tractor had a short contract with New Holland, and sold a few New Hollands as LS Tractors. That is no longer the case as of current. They build their own tractors since 2009. And although the company has been around since 1975, and has built many tractors, the LS Line up in it's current form is only 4 years old. It has not yet established it's reputation for building it's current line up. The current line up of LS branded tractors is not supported by any other tractor manufacturer. So owners are limited to the small network of dealers and the services they provide. LS tractors is now associated with Mitsubishi power plants.