New to tractors, could use some help!

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #21  
i would look at LS tractor case ih john deere i own a kubota i not a kubota fanboy at all i still think highly of case ih i ran a case ih 245 21hp compact i could do more with that case then i could do with my L3800 that i had kubota fel i dont like one bit or the 3pt cap

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #22  
Just did a bit more digging now that a connection was made With New Holland.

New Holland is a division of CNH Global. LS Tractors is a division of LS Cable of South Korea. LS tractors had a contract for a time with FIAT motors, who bought New Holland. And for a time, LS imported some New Holland tractors to sell as LS and LS New Holland. LS tractors however builds it's own tractors, for sale in North America as Montana Tractors, and as of 2009 it's own name, LS Tractors. At one time, they built tractors for Farm Track, and TAFE Tractors, both Indian companies and also for sale in North America.

LS tractors started out as a division of HYUNDAI and had affiliation with Yanmar. Through several mergers and aquisitions, L tractors have been sold as GoldStar, Fiat-GoldStar, LG, LG-Fiat, LG-New Holland, LS and LS-New Holland names in South Korea. In North America, they have been sold as LG Montana, Montana, Farmtrac LandTrac, LongAgri LandTrac, McCormick Tractors and Landini.

Long story short, LS tractor has a short contract with New Holland, and sold a few New Hollands as LS Tractors. That is no longer the case as of current. They build their own tractors since 2009. And although the company has been around since 1975, and has built many tractors, the LS Line up in it's current form is only 4 years old. It has not yet established it's reputation for building it's current line up. The current line up of LS branded tractors is not supported by any other tractor manufacturer. So owners are limited to the small network of dealers and the services they provide.

Yes Yes yours is bigger and better. LS owners are put into there place by your quote of limited small network.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #23  
Singalo go to the LS links here on TBN and you will get more information and greater customer satisfaction than any other tractor. Yes the green and orange have been around longer but big blue with give you the same and more with a big lump left in your pocket.

I will put my P7010C up against my old Kubota any day. And I'm not even a farmer. Lol

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #24  
Yes Yes yours is bigger and better. LS owners are put into there place by your quote of limited small network.

I am sorry you are taking it so personal. I didn't make up the information, I just supplied it. If you find fault with anything I posted, please feel free to correct it. This is not about "Mine being bigger and Better". The fact remains that LS Tractors in it's current form is only 4 years old, and there are only a hand full of dealers, relatively speaking. And my original statement stands. Something VERY SPECIAL would have to be behind LS Tractors to place it at the top of the list over well established brands and dealers. The one dealer near us in weedsport could fold tomorrow for all we know. Then what would owners do? It's not a matter of how good or not good the LS brand is. I don't have any idea. But I do know, They are new, and they are not nearly as supported, and they don't have name recognition or resale value data. Who knows what the resale value is? That information is just not available. But I do know how much Bota, Massey and JD resale for. And I do know that there are long standing dealers and service available.

I am certain you are happy with your LS. And that's Great. But I am not at all convinced that it's a good choice for a first time Tractor Owner. And as I said, they don't even make a Sub Compact, which may be what the OP is looking for by the sounds of it.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #25  
Singalo go to the LS links here on TBN and you will get more information and greater customer satisfaction than any other tractor.

This does not make any sense.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #26  
I am sorry you are taking it so personal. I didn't make up the information, I just supplied it. If you find fault with anything I posted, please feel free to correct it. This is not about "Mine being bigger and Better". The fact remains that LS Tractors in it's current form is only 4 years old, and there are only a hand full of dealers, relatively speaking. And my original statement stands. Something VERY SPECIAL would have to be behind LS Tractors to place it at the top of the list over well established brands and dealers. The one dealer near us in weedsport could fold tomorrow for all we know. Then what would owners do? It's not a matter of how good or not good the LS brand is. I don't have any idea. But I do know, They are new, and they are not nearly as supported, and they don't have name recognition or resale value data. Who knows what the resale value is? That information is just not available. But I do know how much Bota, Massey and JD resale for. And I do know that there are long standing dealers and service available.

I am certain you are happy with your LS. And that's Great. But I am not at all convinced that it's a good choice for a first time Tractor Owner. And as I said, they don't even make a Sub Compact, which may be what the OP is looking for by the sounds of it.

Don't worry about. I don't own a LS. It just people get on here try to belittle others. One day pick on LS one day Mahindra they know what's what you know it's all in the true facts, right.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #27  
This does not make any sense.

It doesn't make sense to you because you're not willing to get educated.
My father in law had a Kubota 7950 DT, ford 5600 and 2 botas B5200 and when I realized that I was spending so much time fixing instead of working I used the Internet to get educated, I researched every brand including going to the orange and green dealers that where down the street from my farm.
In the end I got more for my money than what either one of them could bring to the table. Yes the inconvenience of not having an LS locally is a bit hard for first timers but after reading about previous owners and the lack of needing service close by was reassuring to me that I was buying an up an coming tractor.

People would laugh when you said you owned a Hyundai but they are giving the big boys a run for their money.

In the end you have to buy what makes you comfortable, and I did.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #28  
Don't worry about. I don't own a LS. It just people get on here try to belittle others. One day pick on LS one day Mahindra they know what's what you know it's all in the true facts, right.

I am not belittling anything. So Ill say it again, if you can find fault with any of the information that I gathered from the internet, then feel free to correct it. Those are the facts as far as available information goes.

And other then price, which I can't compare in the Sub Compact category because LS does not make one, Is there anything else that would make LS more relevant then other more established brands?

Do you disagree with the fact that LS has less support across the nation then nearly any other brand?

In an hour drive from me, there are 5 dealers each for the top name brands. There is only one dealer for LS. Do you disagree that if that dealer, who has at most only been around for 4 years as an LS dealer in it's current form, folds, that owners would be pretty much pooched for "Local Service"?

It's not about how good or Bad LS is. It's that they are for all intents and purposes, an unknown and a gamble in terms of service.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #29  
It doesn't make sense to you because you're not willing to get educated.
My father in law had a Kubota 7950 DT, ford 5600 and 2 botas B5200 and when I realized that I was spending so much time fixing instead of working I used the Internet to get educated, I researched every brand including going to the orange and green dealers that where down the street from my farm.
In the end I got more for my money than what either one of them could bring to the table. Yes the inconvenience of not having an LS locally is a bit hard for first timers but after reading about previous owners and the lack of needing service close by was reassuring to me that I was buying an up an coming tractor.

People would laugh when you said you owned a Hyundai but they are giving the big boys a run for their money.

In the end you have to buy what makes you comfortable, and I did.

You misunderstand me.

"Singalo go to the LS links here on TBN and you will get more information and greater customer satisfaction than any other tractor."

That sentence literally does not make any sense. Like at all. Please don't accuse of me of refusing to become educated while forming sentences like this.

And for the record, I am trying to educate myself about the LS Tractors. So far, the only one that has supplied any concrete factual content is myself. All you and Filedreport have supplied is some unsubstantiated opinion and a bit of rage. Neither have spoken in any detail to the two fundamental issues I have with LS Tractors. I appreciate that for you, local service is merely an inconvenience. But on a wider scale, are you seriously suggesting that LS Tractors can stand on its reputation alone? That others, especially first time tractor owners can rest assured that LS Tractors will prove to be as reliable and resalable as other more established brands? How much savings are we talking anyhow in the sub compact category? Oh,,, wait.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #30  
Well, not to change the subject off of brands..... I bought a tractor last year from Cazenovia Equipment after visiting several dealers in Central New York. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with and very patient with my questions and the time it took to select the right tractor for my needs. If you haven't stopped in there, take some time and go out to their new store in Cazenovia. I haven't needed service yet, but I am sure that that department will be equally excellent.

(no, I don't work for them and no one in my family does!) :)