New to tractors, could use some help!

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #61  
I didn't accuse you of anything, just referenced your comments that you bought your first tractor 4 months ago.

I pointed out a number of facts, you just choose to ignore them. For example, the comparison of MF to LS dealers in your home state....no huge difference in dealer density, as you incorrectly claimed. But hey, don't let facts get in the way!

You're not here for a pi$$ing match? Seems you've done just that with multiple people, in multiple threads.

Primitive economy brands? Lol....earlier in this thread you said "Now I am in no position to pass any kind of judgement, opinion or otherwise on the LS Tractors." Seems you've changed your tune....still, never having seen one. I haven't heard anybody calling NH's Boomer series primitive, economy models....oh wait, the decals make a world of difference, I forgot!

If you need to feel validated in your recent purchase, we'll all give you a big thumbs up on your choice, and admit how smart you are....well done! :cool2:

As I've said all along, it's worth considering some of the newer brands, but that having a dealer nearby is a factor worthy of consideration....everybody can spend their money as they see fit. I know I got my money's worth, and hope others wind up feeling the same.

By the sounds of it, the only one that needs an atta boy on their purchase is you sir. And I am not passing judgement. LS Tractors, Like Mahindi, Kioti, Jinma, and so on ARE, Economy tractors. By YOUR OWN WORDS, you saved a bundle on it. What part of "Economy Tractor" am I not understanding?

You seem to have read all of my posts, congrats. I have Groupies now. I do like to make a splash where ever I go. But you may have missed the part where I mentioned that I was never in love with New Holland, I even went on to say in my VERBOSE fashion why. And by the way, you may also have missed that I have not BOUGHT anything yet. I have mentioned this point on multiple occasions. But, now that you Know that I don't even own a tractor, holy cow, now you can conclude that I know nothing what so ever. You are an expert at reading people, I'll give you that.

Look, I am done posting comments directed back at you. You are indeed just being argumentative. You cleary don't wish to engage in the afore mentioned adult conversation. There is a conversation to be had here. Especially within the context of the OP's thread. In fact, that conversation may not only have been somewhat beneficial to the OP, but to others reading it. Though I have to admit that none of this inane banter should have taken place here in this thread, and for the record, I really should have known better. I had hoped that this could have been guided into a good substantive conversation. But it's hard to "Debate" pro's and con's with people that instantly get B utt hurt when someone does not hold the same opinions. The end result is always these series of worthless kindergarten exchanges.

I apologize that this thread was Hijacked, and especially for my part in that. I hope it get's back to useful information. So EDIT: GmanBart, let's agree to disagree. We can go on thinking each other is a D Bag in private. Truce.

Last edited:
   / New to tractors, could use some help! #62  
Alright, now that we have that out if the way :)

I'm going to make rounds to the dealers with what I'm looking for and see how they handle it. I'm buying after I close on the house so I have some time.

I'll keep folks posted!

Oh the brand promotion/bashing will never be out of the way and you will just learn to wade through like all the rest of us; people are proud of their choices and sometimes just get carried away, I doubt any of us know as much as we think we do. All that aside I "think" most of us will agree you are going about the decision making process the best way, research a lot, spend plenty of time looking and trying them out then maybe research a bit more then look at them again.

I have been driving tractors longer than I care to think and the decision on a new machine is still an arduous one for me and sometimes second guess myself until I get acclimated to my new machine.

Keep us posted and good luck in your decision process.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #63  
And I am not passing judgement.

I apologize that this thread was Hijacked, and especially for my part in that. I hope it get's back to useful information. So Mike, let's agree to disagree. We can go on thinking each other is a D Bag in private. Truce.

"Primitive economy brands" isn't a judgemental description? :confused2:

The thread was going along politely until one particular poster showed up....same as other discussions. Funny how that happens with some folks repeatedly.

Lastly, I didn't recommend buying what I bought. I only suggested considering some of the newer brands because many folks that are newer to the tractor world may not be aware of them, and they are a viable option, especially for non-commercial use...nothing more.

You list a tractor you don't even own yet? Is that sort of like writing the name of your school crush on the inside of your notebook, or something? :laughing: You gotta admit, that's funny right there...

Mike? Who's Mike?

OMG, you're right....so primitive it has big, pre-historic teeth, and everything....

F988A8CF-1B95-4001-B7F0-3FC9462D2980-107-00000000D2F75438.jpg

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #64  
I am not a bleed green, red or blue person. I grew up driving an assortment of brands including Ford, IH, Minneapolis Moline, Allis Chalmers and John Deere all dependent on which dealer gave the best deal. I don't think any of them were any better or worse that any other. I still base my buying decision on what fits ME the best in quality, most used options and price. With the small tractors today being mostly made in Asia or at best being assembled from Asian parts it isn't a big deal on brand as most of them are made by about 3 or 4 companies even if marketed by 6 or more.
So MR OP, do your visits to all dealers, determine the model from each brand that fits you best, get your pricing on each and note the standard equipment that each comes with, mingle with the dealers and determine how reliable they are (if possible have some frank conversations with some of the customers that come in while you wander around) and get the most equipment for the least money from the dealer that you think you can best use. You may end up trying to decide between 3 or 4 models or brands and end up that the deciding factor is how friendly are the dealers.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #65  
I am not a bleed green, red or blue person. I grew up driving an assortment of brands including Ford, IH, Minneapolis Moline, Allis Chalmers and John Deere all dependent on which dealer gave the best deal. I don't think any of them were any better or worse that any other. I still base my buying decision on what fits ME the best in quality, most used options and price. With the small tractors today being mostly made in Asia or at best being assembled from Asian parts it isn't a big deal on brand as most of them are made by about 3 or 4 companies even if marketed by 6 or more.
So MR OP, do your visits to all dealers, determine the model from each brand that fits you best, get your pricing on each and note the standard equipment that each comes with, mingle with the dealers and determine how reliable they are (if possible have some frank conversations with some of the customers that come in while you wander around) and get the most equipment for the least money from the dealer that you think you can best use. You may end up trying to decide between 3 or 4 models or brands and end up that the deciding factor is how friendly are the dealers.

Thank you Gary, for repeating excellent advice, that has been repeated often.

/ New to tractors, could use some help! #66  
What a waste of a thread.