In need of some spiritual guidance......

/ In need of some spiritual guidance...... #1  

woodman506

Tractor
Kubota B3030
Hello again,

I am still trying to decide which tractor will best suite me & my needs both now and in the future.

as i had posted a few weeks ago, these are some of the requirements....

1. to blow snow of about a 500 foot lane
2. to mow a large lawn
3. to plow & till a new garden (personal use size)
4. to some various landscaping
5. upgrade and maintain some paths/roads/trails through the wooded areas.
6. haul a wagon full of fire wood

after much, much, much thought..... i have decided (based on a lot of excellent knowledgeable input from you fine people) to can the lawn mowing idea and go with a larger sized tractor.

i have also decided i would like to have a backhoe implement as well, as i will be doing a fair amount of irrigation/drainage work + underground electrical and trenches for heat pumps, etc.

I am seriously close to purchasing a JD 3038e with 305 loader, 7' back blade & brand new snowblower for a very good price.

the things that are stopping me are the backhoe thing. As from what i can tell, a 3 pt backhoe is not a great set-up. + it looks like the 3038 is not the ideal tractor for adding a backhoe to.

i have seen some kioti's similar in price with a backhoe + loader + front plow.

Kioti DK 35 - Saint John Farming Equipment For Sale - Kijiji Saint John Canada.

what do you guys recommend i do?

thanks, you have been such a great help

K

/ In need of some spiritual guidance...... #2  
Kioti does make a good machine its just How much you want to spend?

/ In need of some spiritual guidance...... #3  
being lazy, and not looking up the model numbers directly....

a backhoe, were you can pull a lever on the seat and do a 180 in seat and operate backhoe, is a big one. but ya tend to get locked into specific models from various manufacturers. leaving a wide range of all other make/models from manufacturers, not the best for a backhoe, due to ya need to climb off tractor, and then climb on the backhoe seat. (it is time consuming but works)

a small excavator (mini ex) might be more worth while for maneuverability, if you can find one in your price range, and can be bought along side of tractor size that you need/want.

everyone now and then, a "ditch witch", has like a chain saw blade on one end, a small backhoe on other end, and then a small push plow, to push dirt back into trenches comes up on craigslist, and in local papers.

you might also try a "potato plow" or a single ripper, pending on how deep you need to go. to make a trench for what ever ya need to put in.

and the very last, you can always save up various tasks and do a rental of a machinery for the trenches or like.

============

there no wrong or right way, just what ever you think will fit you the best. personally like backhoe with a 180 swivel seat setup. ends up using fel and backhoe combo more, but that is me, and works out better here on the the farm here.

/ In need of some spiritual guidance...... #4  
The place where I work part time recently purchased a Kubota BX 25 with a loader, backhoe and front broom. What little I have used it I have found that it is a very powerful little tractor. I have used it to spread mulch (10 1 ton dump loads), move some dirt, haul landscape rock around a house, tear out an old brick patio and load onto a truck. I haven't done much with the backhoe, but I have dug a couple of holes in some really dry rocky ground to test it out. I was amazed that it dug right on down. The only thing I had an issue with is that it doesn't have enough lift height on the loader to be able to stack material very high on the truck. The truck was a 1 ton dodge with a dump bed.
As far as moving from doing loader work to using the backhoe you just have to pull a lever and move the seat up and around (If I remember correctly). The backhoe takes about five minutes to unhook from the tractor and it takes about twenty minutes to assemble the 3pt hitch in it's place.
I have no idea of the cost but I am impressed how much work it will do.

/ In need of some spiritual guidance...... #5  
Well being a Kioti DK35se HST owner, I might be a bit biased:) BUT.. a DK35se is about 10 times the tractor that a JD3038 is. The JD3038 is the economy tractor in the JD lineup for that size. to compete originally with the Kubota L3400, ( and I used to own one of them). It is not even in the same class as a Kioti DK35se. Don't get me wrong I am no JD hater, they make some very luxurious full featured tractors but the 3038e is not one of them.

James K0UA

/ In need of some spiritual guidance......
Hello again guys,

what are your thoughts on this tractor, seems to be some mixed reviews out there....

2005 KIOTI CK25 HST Tractor/Loader/Backhoe - Nova Scotia Farming Equipment For Sale - Kijiji Nova Scotia Canada.

thanks as allways you guys are top notch !!

k

Well being a Kioti DK35se HST owner, I might be a bit biased:) BUT.. a DK35se is about 10 times the tractor that a JD3038 is. The JD3038 is the economy tractor in the JD lineup for that size. to compete originally with the Kubota L3400, ( and I used to own one of them). It is not even in the same class as a Kioti DK35se. Don't get me wrong I am no JD hater, they make some very luxurious full featured tractors but the 3038e is not one of them.

James K0UA

/ In need of some spiritual guidance...... #7  
JD does not make a BH for the 3038e. The aluminum housing will not support the torque/twisting the BH would put on the tractor.

Thanks, I've decided not to go with the 3038e

/ In need of some spiritual guidance...... #9  
Have you looked at the John Deere 3320. That would do everything you need to do.

Ok, I will, thank you!