kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #11  
i would talk to the owner bout a deal on the left over a sales wont wanta deal but the owner will that what i did

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #12  
Again, I can't speak to the Bobcat other than to say it looks good. But I can say that the L3800 is an exceptional tractor for the price. The Kubota dealer should deliver as well. Have you asked them? With reguard to what Murphy 1244 says, I have not had any issues with a jerkey 3 pt hitch and i have used a 600lb Woods mower. The L3800 allows one to adjust the drop pressure so if it jerks on the up or down, possibly something is defective. But I do not have this trouble. The 3 pt is smooth on my tractor. With this said, the one thing i do not like about the 3800 3 pt hitch is that it does not maintain a particular distance from the ground. When i drive over dips in the ground, the hitch follows the tractor and not the ground. But i am not sure thay make a tractor that resolved this problem.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #13  
Welcome to the forum.

I had a Bobcat CT235. I went with it because of what you said, more loader and weighed more, floor mat plus the mid PTO so I could run a snowblower. I had problems with the hydro pedal sticking on it, it started somewhere around 50hrs. One day it stuck full speed ahead in high range when I went to stop at the end of my driveway. There have been other guys on here and there were other tractors at my dealer that had this problem. If I was going to buy a tractor in that class I would go with the l3800. You could take the floorboard off and have it truck bed coated or you could do it yourself. Like case245 said the Bobcat is a albino kioti. Bobcat is out of the compact tractor business, once they sell what they have that is it. If you decide to buy a L series kubota be sure to try out the Bobcat 3PH, some are jerky. You may want to look at a L3540, they are money but have some nice features and stronger loader and 3PH than a L3800.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #14  
How much of a price difference are we talking about? Bobcat parts will likely be available with out problem, either online or thru Kioti. Dealer shouldnt really matter, unless you plan on having them do all the work, but seems like your Kubota dealer seems kinda lacking in knowledge/sales skills.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235
Im considering going to another dealer farther away to check the kubotas out. I do not like buying things on price, but more on value. Ive gotten quotes from multiple tractor companies and they have NEVER quoted me list price....except Kubota. Cash rebates do not count in my opinion. Not familiar with the 3540....will check it out. You guys are GREAT!

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235
Welcome to the forum.

I had a Bobcat CT235. I went with it because of what you said, more loader and weighed more, floor mat plus the mid PTO so I could run a snowblower. I had problems with the hydro pedal sticking on it, it started somewhere around 50hrs. One day it stuck full speed ahead in high range when I went to stop at the end of my driveway. There have been other guys on here and there were other tractors at my dealer that had this problem. If I was going to buy a tractor in that class I would go with the l3800. You could take the floorboard off and have it truck bed coated or you could do it yourself. Like case245 said the Bobcat is a albino kioti. Bobcat is out of the compact tractor business, once they sell what they have that is it. If you decide to buy a L series kubota be sure to try out the Bobcat 3PH, some are jerky. You may want to look at a L3540, they are money but have some nice features and stronger loader and 3PH than a L3800.

Hey 94 BULLITT thanks for the info. Did your bobcat dealer ever find out what was causing the hydro pedel to stick? Other than that issue (which is a big one!) did you like the bobcat? I just love the ergonomics of the bobcat. Did the motor and hydraulics seem smooth? What were some likes/dislikes you had with it? Hopefully i can one day be as helpful as all of you folks!

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #17  
Hey 94 BULLITT thanks for the info. Did your bobcat dealer ever find out what was causing the hydro pedal to stick? Other than that issue (which is a big one!) did you like the bobcat? I just love the ergonomics of the bobcat. Did the motor and hydraulics seem smooth? What were some likes/dislikes you had with it? Hopefully i can one day be as helpful as all of you folks!

I loved the tractor. They replaced the return spring 2 times, adjusted the hydro, and cleaned and replaced the neutral valves. Then they drained some oil and cut the filter and had the oil analyzed. They said nothing was in the filter and the oil analysis came back fine. After none of that fixed it they wanted to do a hydro. They could not tell me what was causing the problem. The hydro that they were going to replace it with was the same as the one in the tractor, no updates to it. I ran the risk of it doing it again. If it happened out of warranty it would have been over $4k to replace the hydro. The replacement hydro only comes with a 6 month warranty. Worst case scenario I could have been replacing the hydro every 6 months. I got rid of it. I just wonder if that tractors that don't the sticking hydro pedal will do it when they get more hours on them. :confused3:

The motor vibrated some, the fenders shook on it but the operators platform was well insulated so you did not feel it. The motor was loud on it, louder than a Kubota L series. The whole time I had the tractor (175 hours) it never leaked a drop of oil or burned any. The hydraulics were smooth. I wish it had a bigger fuel tank, I thought it was a little thirsty for it's size. After having the hydro pedal problem I would not recommend one.

The Bobcat had the telescopic lift arms and stabilizers on the 3PH. One if not both of them are a option on the L3800. There is a guy on here that makes the telescopic stabilizers if they are not available. I have quick hitches on both of my tractors so the deluxe 3PH is not any advantage to me. It is a real time saver.

I recommend you also look at a Kubota L3540. It is a more deluxe tractor than the Bobcat but it is more money.

What I always recommend is you find the tractor that you like the best, look at how it is built, how easy it is to service, and how it feels it to you. Once you find that tractor go to at least 3 dealers and get prices on it. You may be surprised at the wide range of prices you get.

If you are paying cash be sure you get the rebates.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #18  
I own a Kioti gear model. I don't have HST; went gear to save money while maximizing HP. I've been following Kioti for about 7 years and bobcat for ever how long it's been that they have been selling them. I can recall very very few HST problems from 100's of owners. I remember Bullitt's problems, and there were one or two others that had this problem too. But, it was (is) a very small percentage. And don't recall anyone not getting support from their dealer or Kioti for this issue either. Most got prompt fixes. Some just needed adjusting. Some needed a new HST.

As for resale value. Yeah, if you plan to sell in the near term, you'd take a hit. Long term probably not. Parts would be no problem. Kioti sells everything except for loader parts, and I suspect you can get them from BC for many years to come as well.

Yeah, don't buy on price alone. Buy the tractor you are comfortable with. I'm very happy with my CK25: 7 years 550 hours.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #19  
My dealer did not sell many Bobcat tractors at all. There were 2 other tractors that I knew of at that dealer that had the same problem.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #20  
For what it's worth, I purchased a 2011 Kubota B3300SU in October 2012 with a BH77 backhoe & only 19.6 hours on it and so far I love it! I purchased palette forks with it and I added 2"rear wheel spacers as well. I have only put about 6 hour on it so far but every time I use it I learn more and become more efficient and I'm more impressed with every outing. Good luck with your decision!