kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #32  
No question I'd go for the CT235, but your needs might be different. If I wasn't 100% sure the L3800 I was going to take home didn't have the jerky hitch issue, it would be out of the running.

Look at what you're going to be doing with it now and in the future. The price that you'll pay will depend on what else you'll want to add in the future.

Are you going to change 3pt implements often, rarely or never? The CT235 has telescopic stabalizers and telescopic link ends. Both of those are a must if you change implements even rarely IMHO. They are expensive options on the L3800.

Are you going to go between bucket and forks, or grapple or blade etc. If so, the CT235 has SSQA, which is again an expensive option on the L3800.

Will you add something like TNT, snowblower with hydraulic rotation and deflection etc. I believe the L3800 and CT235 both have 1 remote standard, but remotes are $350 as a kit for the CT235 and over $1000 on the L3800. If you need to add one or more, there's a big difference.

The rubber floor is a big deal to me and so is the larger flat operators platform. There are lots of other features that add value to the CT235 that are either optional or not available on the L3800.

I'd look at the total price the L3800 will cost you and then apply that to a CT440/5/50 or a DK40/45/50. For the true cost of the L3800, you could have a tractor that would go toe to toe with it's Grand L brother any day of the week.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #33  
Are you going to change 3pt implements often, rarely or never? The CT235 has telescopic stabalizers and telescopic link ends. Both of those are a must if you change implements even rarely IMHO. They are expensive options on the L3800.

Are you going to go between bucket and forks, or grapple or blade etc. If so, the CT235 has SSQA, which is again an expensive option on the L3800.

Will you add something like TNT, snowblower with hydraulic rotation and deflection etc. I believe the L3800 and CT235 both have 1 remote standard, but remotes are $350 as a kit for the CT235 and over $1000 on the L3800.

A quick hitch is the way to go for changing implements so the telescopic lift arms and stabilzers don't matter.

The SSQA is also option on the Bobcat.

Both tractora do not come with a remote.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #34  
A quick hitch is the way to go for changing implements so the telescopic lift arms and stabilzers don't matter.

The SSQA is also option on the Bobcat.

Both tractora do not come with a remote.

A quick hitch costs money. Once you have telescopic arms and stabilizers, you don't need a quick hitch as you would know from your current and previous tractors.

Are you sure SSQA is optional for Bobcat? Standard issue for the CK27 and up on the Kioti side (maybe even the CK20 now).

Two remotes at $350 vs two at over $1000 drives my point home.

If you need these options, the Kubota gets expensive fast and you should look at that price, not the base tractor price.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #35  
A quick hitch costs money. Once you have telescopic arms and stabilizers, you don't need a quick hitch as you would know from your current and previous tractors.

Are you sure SSQA is optional for Bobcat? Standard issue for the CK27 and up on the Kioti side (maybe even the CK20 now).

Two remotes at $350 vs two at over $1000 drives my point home.

If you need these options, the Kubota gets expensive fast and you should look at that price, not the base tractor price.

I used to think quick hitches were a waste of money especially with telescopic lift arms and stabilzers. I got one for the BX because I did not want to mess with the turnbuckles. I liked it so well I just got one for the 4240. I can change a implement in a few seconds now. A good quick hitch is only $350.

Yes I am sure quick attach is extra. I find it funny that the levers on the Kubota work better than what it did on the Bobcat and Bobcat is the one that made it.

Remotes for a Bobcat are $250 a peice. The Kubota remotes are expensive.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #36  
I used to think quick hitches were a waste of money especially with telescopic lift arms and stabilzers. I got one for the BX because I did not want to mess with the turnbuckles. I liked it so well I just got one for the 4240. I can change a implement in a few seconds now. A good quick hitch is only $350.

Yes I am sure quick attach is extra. I find it funny that the levers on the Kubota work better than what it did on the Bobcat and Bobcat is the one that made it.

Remotes for a Bobcat are $250 a peice. The Kubota remotes are expensive.

Roger, Where did you get your hitch from? Thinking about a Landpride one.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #37  
Roger, Where did you get your hitch from? Thinking about a Landpride one.

I wanted to get the old JD Imatch with the fixed tophook. I called a dealer few dealers and one said they had one. I went to get it and it was the new adjustable one so I left it there. I checked on line about the landpride it was the$450. I checked at my dealer he was $425. I went and back and got the imatch. I had one implement the bolts for the adjustable tophook hit the implement. I had to just barely a little off of the implement. I like the looks of the land pride and the imatch. I got lucky and got my imatch for $275. When I got it the guy said you got a deal it should have been $350. It is so much better than the habor freight quick hitch I use on the BX. I really don't see enough differences to buy the landpride QH for the extra $$$$$ it is.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #38  
I wanted to get the old JD Imatch with the fixed tophook. I called a dealer few dealers and one said they had one. I went to get it and it was the new adjustable one so I left it there. I checked on line about the landpride it was the$450. I checked at my dealer he was $425. I went and back and got the imatch. I had one implement the bolts for the adjustable tophook hit the implement. I had to just barely a little off of the implement. I like the looks of the land pride and the imatch. I got lucky and got my imatch for $275. When I got it the guy said you got a deal it should have been $350. It is so much better than the habor freight quick hitch I use on the BX. I really don't see enough differences to buy the landpride QH for the extra $$$$$ it is.

What makes it better than the harbor freight version? I've often looked at the one they have a Princess Auto (Canadian version of Harbor Freight) and wondered if it's worth it.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #39  
What makes it better than the harbor freight version? I've often looked at the one they have a Princess Auto (Canadian version of Harbor Freight) and wondered if it's worth it.

Everything is better.

I thought about making a video comparison. I would noth trust the harbor freight quick hitch on a larger tractor.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235
Well; after much thought; I'm going with the BobCat 235. I think I would regret if I didn't go with my gut instinct here. I'm getting 2 rear remote hydraulics put on it. What do you guys think of wheel weights? I don't want to go with fluid in the tires...messy if punctured, and our local tire shop would kill me if I brought one in with fluid. My dealer has a new set that fits the 335, and if they fit the 235; he'll give them to me for $300. Price sound fair? Thanks to all you guys who helped me with my decision. I will keep you posted!