kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #81  
Nothing like muddling things more. My dealer has 1 CT440 left in stock (40HP). This baby has more features, bigger loader, bigger everything. He says with rear remote, 9TL FEL, I would be around 21K. That sounds like a great deal, what do you think?

I think that's a little bit high, assuming a discount due to the line being discontinued....but not a crazy number. I was very close to buying a Kioti DK40SE recently (same as CT440), and the number the dealer gave me was $20,800.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #82  
Nothing like muddling things more. My dealer has 1 CT440 left in stock (40HP). This baby has more features, bigger loader, bigger everything. He says with rear remote, 9TL FEL, I would be around 21K. That sounds like a great deal, what do you think?

That sounds like a good deal to me.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #83  
I've never had that, although I'll often give them a second cycle AFTER starting it to get it to smooth out faster. As long as I wait for the glow plugs to finish their cycle, they've never come back on.

I think it was a Bobcat thing. The wiring and the controllers are Bobcat specific.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235
The features I really like on the CT440 vs the others i was looking at are: side by side hydro pedels, no clutch for PTO, Push Button PTO, 3P remote lever in back, more lifting capacity, more hydraulic flow, flip switches for 4WD, and cruise control. The 21K includes rear wheel weights. Also; it's a 4 cyl. instead of a 3.
Now, I just have to decide IF I want the bigger tractor!

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #85  
The features I really like on the CT440 vs the others i was looking at are: side by side hydro pedels, no clutch for PTO, Push Button PTO, 3P remote lever in back, more lifting capacity, more hydraulic flow, flip switches for 4WD, and cruise control. The 21K includes rear wheel weights. Also; it's a 4 cyl. instead of a 3.

If you do Price the Bobcat against a Kioti.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #86  

The CT440 capares well to the L4240, I'd get prices on both if you're thinking of going that route. The only thing that the Kubota is a clear winner with is the HST+, but other than that, they're pretty close with one having a slight advantage here, the other a slight advantage there. I don't regret going from my CK30 (CT230) to DK45 (CT445). It's a lot more tractor and there are a lot of subtle differences that make a big difference. Electronic 4X4, electronic auto/manual independent PTO vs live PTO, dual pedal HST vs rocker pedal (if that's what you're getting), draft control, split brakes, 3pt control from rear of the tractor, huge increase in FEL/3pt lift capacities etc, etc, etc... The CT440 is the exact same as the CT445 and CT450 with slightly less hp which you won't notice unless you need it for the PTO, so you're getting the frame of a 50hp tractor instead of the frame of a 35hp tractor (CT225, CT230 and CT235 are all the same). Still more PTO power than the options you started looking at, but the implements will be bigger and therefor more expensive. 60" implements will cover the tracks of the CT235, but you'll need 72" implements for the CT440.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #87  

Yeah, it's definitely a big jump in capability going to the CT440...no doubt, and if wheel weights are added the number looks reasonable. When I was trying to decide between the LS and the Kioti, it was nearly impossible...they were very similarly equipped, and each had a couple of things I liked better than the other. I'm 100% confident I would have been equally happy with either model.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235
Nearest Kioti Dealer to me is 300+ miles...unless I cross the border (Canada). I don't want to work that far away...or cross borders.
What should I counter-offer? I don't really have a comparable tractor that would even be close in price/features/benefits.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #89  
I paid 19,800 for my DK-40 with FEL

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #90  
Nearest Kioti Dealer to me is 300+ miles...unless I cross the border (Canada). I don't want to work that far away...or cross borders.
What should I counter-offer? I don't really have a comparable tractor that would even be close in price/features/benefits.

I don't know where you are in MN, but there's an LS dealer north of Minneapolis. If its not crazy far away, I'd get a number from them on an R4041H....very similar specs, and it has a couple of extras standard (rear work light, 2nd remote, 7-pin, etc) that make good bargaining chips.