Sub vs compact... Need advice

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #11  
With increased ground clearance comes increased instability. The higher you raise the center of gravity the more likely it is to tip over unless you have a wide wheelbase.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #12  
My problem with SCUT's from any manf. is that they're almost the same money as a bigger more capable CUT. You really don't want a big tractor if you're going to be using it to mow the lawn though. Think about mowing over your septic system.

Yes, you can get a belly mower for the CK20. You need to get the optional mid PTO (it's a pretty cheap option). http://www.kioti.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/US_CK-Series-11-2011.pdf

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #13  
Hello,
Have you looked at the cub cadet/ yanmar sc2400? Sounds like a tractor that would fit your needs. Should run around the 10k range.
Have fun shopping !!!!!!:confused2:

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice
I think we have decided to go with a small compact. Looking at the bobcat ct122.... There are some great deals on new tractors since bobcat is getting out of the tractor biz.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #15  
The CCY sc2400 is a small compact and great deals are to be had with them. Worth a look

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #16  
Welcome to TBN . Who is the Bobcat dealer around here ? A friend of mine is Mike Crisel at Heartland Kubota , Carterville , he might be able to answer questions for you . I purchased my MF at Diedrich Eq , in Nashville , Il. Good luck with your final choice :thumbsup:

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #17  
They are all great machines.

Some have high, mid, low range HST. There are also gear versions. Some have tilt wheel and cruise. Some have armrests. Cupholders, power outlets, work lights, etc. Some are more comfortable than others regarding joystick position, foot peddle configuration, seat height, etc. Some have more lift capability. Some cost more, some less. You might even find one in your favorite color :)

I picked the Mahindra Max28XL. It's simple and comfortable, for me. It's a "wide stance" brand, so I like the stability. It's reasonably priced (not the cheapest, in my area). It is strong in loader and 3pt lift capability. I like the tilt wheel and cruise control. It's roomy.

Take your time. Try them out. The only wrong choice, is to pick one that cannot do what you need it to do. Otherwise, its a matter of personal comfort, safety, and enjoyment.

Have fun.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice
The sc2400 looks nice but a little small. The ct122 I priced is a little less money and more tractor. Also comes with a free fel.

The local bobcat dealer is in steelville but he doesn't have any ct122's, or any compact bobcats for that matter.

I stopped by heartland kubota and they are nice tractors but too pricey. They do have a bx2660 leftover at a good price, but still higher than the ct122.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #19  
No, belly mower not available for CK20.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #20