Sub vs compact... Need advice

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #21  
Kens posted the web page that say's belly mower.

In the Kioti forum, I read that Kioti was planning to re-introduce a belly mower for the CK20 and boost the HP to 25. And a BC belly mower will fit a CK.

But, like the OP is finding the CT122 deals may be hard to beat. I think the BC is a great choice. The whole loader comes off easy. So, you can just have it on when needed. And it's way more loader than SCUTs offer. I think the wife might at first find it "big", but that goes away very quickly, especially when you take the loader off.

I'm thinking new tractor for mowing and considering the CT122 myself and selling both my JD 425 GT and my CK25. Or do I keep the CK25 and get a new X739? Can't decide.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #22  
If understood correctly you have 4 acres to mow? Subcompacts are nice but the largest mower you can get on one is a 60'' and it would take a while to mow that much grass. I would look at a Kubota B3200. You can get a 72" MMM mower for it. John Deere also has a 2720 that is comparable to B3200 but I don't know what size deck they offer.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #23  
If understood correctly you have 4 acres to mow? Subcompacts are nice but the largest mower you can get on one is a 60'' and it would take a while to mow that much grass. I would look at a Kubota B3200. You can get a 72" MMM mower for it. John Deere also has a 2720 that is comparable to B3200 but I don't know what size deck they offer.

The 2720 is available with a 72" deck also.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #24  
If I was cutting 4 acres I would go with a zero turn.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #26  
You can't get a 3PH or a FEL on a zereo turn.

True but I would cut the grass twice as fast and better cut than you. Why you pushing Kubota on everyone?

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #29  
In the Kioti forum, I read that Kioti was planning to re-introduce a belly mower for the CK20 and boost the HP to 25.

Not that you can always believe Kioti's sales material (BIG lesson learned the hard way for me), but it clearly says you can get a MMM with the optional mid PTO (screen shot from the previous link I posted). I've also seen several times mention of the bump in hp which makes sense given the into of the CS line and the CK25 disappearing, but nothing on their site yet. I've also heard the CK35 will pick up another cylinder, but again, nothing yet.

mmm.PNG

As for the ZTR, that's absolutely the only way I'd mow 4 acres of grass unless it was hilly. No FEL, no 3pt, but it's the right machine for the job. when I went from a lawn tractor (JD Home Depot special) to a Ferris IS3000 ZTR, my mowing time went from 3 hours down to 1. This may not be for the OP, but I'd rather buy a used ZTR and tractor to fit my budget than try and find a new machine to do both.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #30  

I will second the B3200. It is still narrow at 54" and is easy on a lawn. Has lots of power. I can do so much more with mine than with the B7510. You will find expand the list of things you think you can do with the tractor. For that reason (If I had it all to do over again) I would have bought larger than my original B7510 21 hp. So, figure out what size you are comfortable with ... then buy one step larger. Ten years from now you will not regret it. Buy new - with good credit you can get $0 down and $0 interest for 60 months. Other wise you will be laying out a lot of cash or finance at a much higher rate.