Sub vs compact... Need advice

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice
Not that you can always believe Kioti's sales material (BIG lesson learned the hard way for me), but it clearly says you can get a MMM with the optional mid PTO (screen shot from the previous link I posted). I've also seen several times mention of the bump in hp which makes sense given the into of the CS line and the CK25 disappearing, but nothing on their site yet. I've also heard the CK35 will pick up another cylinder, but again, nothing yet.

View attachment 304129

As for the ZTR, that's absolutely the only way I'd mow 4 acres of grass unless it was hilly. No FEL, no 3pt, but it's the right machine for the job. when I went from a lawn tractor (JD Home Depot special) to a Ferris IS3000 ZTR, my mowing time went from 3 hours down to 1. This may not be for the OP, but I'd rather buy a used ZTR and tractor to fit my budget than try and find a new machine to do both.

We currently have a kubota 54" ztr that she mows with, but our yard is "new" and is in much need of improvement. Our plan is to use the tractor for a year or two, and once the property is in order go back to a larger ztr for the mowing.

Here is my current dilemma.... I have found the tractor I want (bobcat ct122) and the price is excellent but I cannot find a belly mower larger than 54". I have called 4 dealers, and all say 54 is the only option for this model.
Apparently bobcat used to offer a 60, but not anymore. I'm sure this model can handle a 60" or bigger since they are putting 62's on the subcompacts. Can I use a kioti, McCormack, or other brand belly mower on the bobcat? Any ideas?

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #32  
How about a rear finish mower for the 3PH? It would seem this would be easy to swap out with other tools while fixing up the new lawn. Use the Kubota to trim if necessary.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #33  
We currently have a kubota 54" ztr that she mows with, but our yard is "new" and is in much need of improvement. Our plan is to use the tractor for a year or two, and once the property is in order go back to a larger ztr for the mowing.

Here is my current dilemma.... I have found the tractor I want (bobcat ct122) and the price is excellent but I cannot find a belly mower larger than 54". I have called 4 dealers, and all say 54 is the only option for this model.
Apparently bobcat used to offer a 60, but not anymore. I'm sure this model can handle a 60" or bigger since they are putting 62's on the subcompacts. Can I use a kioti, McCormack, or other brand belly mower on the bobcat? Any ideas?

Wallace Equipment in PA used to have a demo MMM on his website. I don't remember what size it was. You may want to check into it.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #34  

First off, no problem, call Kioti, Landini or McCormick and see what they have.

Second, I'm confused. If you have a ZTR, why get a tractor for mowing? Even if you get a 72" mower on it (I don't think you can), I'd bet the ZTR will still out mow it. Why not use the ZTR for what it's good for and buy a tractor with even more muscle but no mower? CT225/230 or even 235 are awesome tractors (I had a CK30). Nothing wrong with a CT122, but if you take mowing away, you'll probably get one of the bigger ones at the same price or even less if you forget the MMM and optional mid PTO.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #35  
Personal observation here...
I would determine...
1. What capacity do I want from my FEL?
2. What width of cut do I want from my tractor?
3. How important is maneuverability?
Those three questions should lead you to the best alternative...

How about a rear finish mower for the 3PH? It would seem this would be easy to swap out with other tools while fixing up the new lawn. Use the Kubota to trim if necessary.

We are going to sell the kubota an plan to leave a box blade on the tractor for added rear weight. My wife won't even consider a pull behind mower...She is a little hard headed ;)

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #37  
We are going to sell the kubota an plan to leave a box blade on the tractor for added rear weight. My wife won't even consider a pull behind mower...She is a little hard headed ;)

Why do you want to leave the box blade on?

Second, I'm confused. If you have a ZTR, why get a tractor for mowing? Even if you get a 72" mower on it (I don't think you can), I'd bet the ZTR will still out mow it. Why not use the ZTR for what it's good for and buy a tractor with even more muscle but no mower? CT225/230 or even 235 are awesome tractors (I had a CK30). Nothing wrong with a CT122, but if you take mowing away, you'll probably get one of the bigger ones at the same price or even less if you forget the MMM and optional mid PTO.

All good points and I would agree except I cannot afford multiple machines at this time. In a perfect world I would have a small tractor, a large tractor, and a zero turn! In the meantime I'll keep playin the lottery ;)

Also, the lowest price I could find on a Ct225 is 4 grand higher than the 122.

Why do you want to leave the box blade on?

I have read that rear weight is needed for doing loader work, and the box blade should get quite a bit of use as well.