Sub vs compact... Need advice

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #51  
Food for thought get the 54" and get an offset pull behind mower. When you get done you can sell the pull behind people are always buying/selling the pull behind types as they work with anything atv/utv/tractors etc.....

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice
So we made the deal on a new bobcat ct122 for $11,200 with loader. We decided to hold off on the belly mower and look for a pull behind. I found a good deal on a 72" finish mower but the bobcat site lists the 60" as largest that can be used with this model.

Thoughts?

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #53  
So we made the deal on a new bobcat ct122 for $11,200 with loader. We decided to hold off on the belly mower and look for a pull behind. I found a good deal on a 72" finish mower but the bobcat site lists the 60" as largest that can be used with this model.

Thoughts?

It's the same as a snowblower, if you go slow enough, it'll work. I'm sure if you cut the lawn more frequently, you'd do just fine. Also, if the grass ever got away from you, you could take smaller bites on each pass.

Congratulations on the new tractor!

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #54  

Thoughts?

I assume you have an hst...is property hilly? If so, you may want to stick with a 60", otherwise, I think you'll be ok w/ the 72".

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #55  
Congtratulations, nice tractor choice. Sorry to see Bobcat leaving the tractor market.

How smooth is the property? If it's rough, a bigger mower may scalp more. Your horsepower may be a bit light for really heavy grass with that size mower, and the tractor may not be big enough to handle it on hills, but otherwise these little diesels have amazing torque and if you mow often enough it will probably get the job done.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #56  
Congrats on the tractor.

A 122 is only 17 PTOHP. I think a 6ft would be too big.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #57  
Congrats on the tractor.

A 122 is only 17 PTOHP. I think a 6ft would be too big.

All I can say is my ck20 had absolutely no problems on my property (with 60")and it's really steep and hilly. You'll have no problems whatsoever with a 60" as stated, but if property's relatively flat, you should be able to handle the 72". I know mine would've handled the 72, but I also had a gear tractor.
nd