Sub vs compact... Need advice

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #1  

Ljh815

Tractor
JD 4500
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a compact or sub compact tractor and looking for advice.

My wife will be using the tractor mainly to mow our 4 acre yard and also wants a fel to move mulch, rock, dirt, etc.

I am Leary of the subs due to size and power, but the size for her is definitely a plus.

Appreciate all input

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #2  
:welcome: to TBN, Deere has a 1026 and Kioti has a CS2410 and Kubota has the BX series. What dealers you have in a 50 mile radius?

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice
We have looked at Deere and kubota dealers, but wanting to buy used. I like the size of the derre 2320, but wife likes the 1026/bx2660 size. Not sure who's gonna win ;)

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #4  
You need to get what you want-either a sub or a compact would be fine for your use. Actually, it sounds like your application sounds like what a sub was designed for-lots of mowing and occasional FEL use.

Will

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #5  
Power really isn't always going to be different as the same engine is used in some of the SCUTS as in the CUTS. We have a BX2200, BX2660 and John Deere 2305 and all will do an amazing amount of work, the only downside is ground clearance, if that is important to you, go with a CUT. John Deere, Kubota, Massey Ferguson, and a couple of others make SCUTS aand CUTS, I would look at and try them all out to see which will work best for you.

Used small tractors are pretty expensive and hard to find, so many go with new ones due to finance, warranty and dealer incentives.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #6  
Look at Kioti. Little Tractor is down by you in Metropolis. The CS2410 is VERY well priced compared to the others.
If you are willing to go w/ a rear mt. finish mower, look at the CK 20. Bigger tractor yet small enough to do small jobs.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #7  
Look at Kioti. Little Tractor is down by you in Metropolis. The CS2410 is VERY well priced compared to the others.
If you are willing to go w/ a rear mt. finish mower, look at the CK 20. Bigger tractor yet small enough to do small jobs.
Yup, looked at them both myself. Pretty impressed with the loader on the CK20.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice
So u can't get a belly mower for the ck20?

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #9  
It's a matter of preference. Either size will do what you want quite well. The diesel engines in both CUTs and SCUTs have ample power for mowing... actually more than is required, so no real difference there. You'll get a bigger loader on a CUT, of course, but unless your wife plans to do some really epic landscaping, the loader on a SCUT will dig and carry all the mulch, soil and rocks she'll want to handle. Just for example, I distributed and levelled what must have been at least 6 tandem dump loads of soil for a re-landscape/terracing project for a friend in one afternoon with our little BX. A bigger machine would have done the same job faster, but then again the SCUT gets into places larger equipment won't go. Regardless of what you choose, be sure to get proper rear ballast for any loader work.

You probably already know this, but it's worth mentioning anyways: If this is mainly for your wife to use, get the size and make of equipment she favors. You'll both be happier that way.

/ Sub vs compact... Need advice #10  
do you have a lot of hilly area to cut ? had the smaller compact and it did not do it on my hills and not very stable of a tractor, how big of a mower are you going to run ?

myself i went with aR3039H series LS

dealer sells Kioti and dollar for dollar the LS wins were also doing 4 to 5 acre's plus snow removal