Ford vs chevy vs dodge

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #21  
All Ford diesels from 1993 up. And yes, I owned one.

Really I think all new diesels are overpriced, unreliable junk. If you need one for real work go medium duty. Almost same price, better dealers, cheaper shop rates, cheaper parts, almost same fuel mileage, etc.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #22  
We purchased a DuraMax 2500. Never Again. We had injector issues @ 90K. This Pickup was maintained well, and never pushed. Cummins is probably the way to go. I never cared for Chevy's interior. Seems blocky, and just not very refined. I like Ford and Dodge (I have a Ram1500 now). If you decide on a Chevy, ask for a deep discount...you paid for it in fed. taxes already :).

Did you get a discount when you bought your Dodge?

To the OP...do not own a diesel truck, not sure I want to, just too much epa mandated crap on them.

Dodge, no newer that 05.

Ford, stay 7.3L

GM The LBZ in the 07 is the best dmax to date.

Unless you live on pavement, do not buy a 2wd diesel, they are too nose heavy, and easily stuck.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #24  
I have a contracting business and beat the **** out of a 1998 Chevy 2500hd 5.7 till it had 265,000 miles. I gave it to another contractor who still uses it. I now have a 2000 Chevy 2500hd with a 6.0 108,000 miles. Both have served me well but are gas and not diesel trucks. My 2 cents.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #25  
I have a 2010 F-150 with the max tow pkg. I pull a 28' enclosed trailer with my tractor and all implements inside sometimes even throw the 4 wheeler in . Granted I dont travel far 45 miles to our hunting property and around the local area to help out relatives. I have no issues pulling this MPG drops to 9 but for as little as I haul I cant justify a diesel. We will see how this truck holds up but so far no problems.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #27  
Where did you come up with that ? I say no newer than 07 .Stick with 5.9

Build quality on the rest of the truck really seemed to suffer after 05, like Daimler was really squeezing every penny. 06-10 rams really fall apart around you. Especially the climate control.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #28  
Buy the best maintained truck within your budget. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. Seems like all the diesels will be powerful towing machines, but when they have problems the solutions are expensive.

Once your find a truck you like, research it, look at the weaknesses and budget the repair/modifications.

And post pics when your buy!

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #30  
GM The LBZ in the 07 is the best dmax to date.

I had a gmc 2500 , 2003. Sold it at 300 000 km cause it wasnt filling my need anymore, needed more room than an extended cab and dually cause of new heavy rv.

So i read a lot on bunch of doffrent forum and 2 years agi I narrowed it down to either a gm with the LBZ ( some of 06 and 07) or a mega cab dodge dually either the 5.9 or the 6.7 )

Finally got an 06 gm with lbz dmax.

True that depending on your need there is a bunch of 1500 trucks qith awesome towin capacity numbera, and it can be a decent avenue. Most 1/2 tona these day wirh towinf package fet tou close to 12 000 lbs, but it is still a 1/2 tons. My 03 dmax was rted at 12 000lbs, but I was towing easily 14000 lbs with no issue, try that with a 1/2 ton gasser...... If you re to do a lot of towing i think diesel is the way to go