Ford vs chevy vs dodge

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
I will try and find it... I'm almost sure it was 6.4

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
Where the 6.0 of 06 and 07 better than the earlier ones. Did the fix the bugs or is that why they came out with the 6.4
Thanks

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #63  
Personally, I think they're all pretty much the same these days. I used to be a Chevy guy, but stopped buying GM vehicles when they began forcing that OnStar crap down everyone's throats. Now I only buy Ford trucks.

Last edited:
   / Ford vs chevy vs dodge #64  
Stay far, far away from the 6.4L. It makes loads of power but is well known for staying in the shop with cab-off repair. Advice from my personal Ford Powerstroke Mechanic and several friends who own them.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
Well I guess it's back to the drawing board..

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #66  
get a good 03 7.3lpsd

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #68  
i understand. getting less common here too. Wifes gmc is getting ready to give up the ghost.. and I'm on the lookout for a crew or extended cab 7.3 that I can get her.. maybee something with a topper as she s used to storage space in her yukon... so we are both looking.. :)

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #69  
i understand. getting less common here too. Wifes gmc is getting ready to give up the ghost.. and I'm on the lookout for a crew or extended cab 7.3 that I can get her.. maybee something with a topper as she s used to storage space in her yukon... so we are both looking.. :)

Mines an '01, and it works well as a towing vehicle for 8-10,000 lb loads cattle, etc and it is geared 3.73. good for driving around the farm too, but I wish I had something smaller that did not take so much diesel or front end maintenance $ bouncing around the farm. The clutch wears my dang knee out too after a long day of tractor and truck operation, but would not dare have bought the automatic. Mine has an exhaust brake and turbo saver installed too. I'd love to have an Allison in that truck

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #70  

Mines an '01, and it works well as a towing vehicle for 8-10,000 lb loads cattle, etc and it is geared 3.73. good for driving around the farm too, but I wish I had something smaller that did not take so much diesel or front end maintenance $ bouncing around the farm. The clutch wears my dang knee out too after a long day of tractor and truck operation, but would not dare have bought the automatic. Mine has an exhaust brake and turbo saver installed too. I'd love to have an Allison in that truck