Ford vs chevy vs dodge

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #81  
I need to go pick it up from shop,I'm not going to put anymore into fixing it. Long story short I needed something so went and bought me a new dodge dually,right after put it in shop,couldn't wait. The issue it was pouring antifreeze into the fuel system and couldn't get head bolts out,I told them to just forget about it,I would come get it and sell as is.I will try and find a photo.
I went and bought my wife a new HEMI todayView attachment 306925

That's a good looking truck.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #82  
That's a good looking truck.

Thanks it will get it too,going to have to keep foot out of it,those 20's not going to be fun buying. On highway computer showed 23mpg,that a nice option they go to 4cyl.to save some$$$ on gas....

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
Well the search for a 7.3 has become painful. All the ones I have seen down here are either beat up or over priced.

Is there a 6.0 that had less issues, and would buying and after market extended warranty relieve some of the concerns?

What year was the chevy's that where less hassle?
What extended warranty should I stay away from and which one do you recommend.

Thanks for all the input.

Mike

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #84  
If you go with a Chevy look at 05 to 10. Before 05 you can run into injector problems and after 11 there has been new problems with the LMLs. And that info was from the dealer. I've got a 07.5 with the LMM and Allison. Bought this last year with 28k. Previous owner didn't drive it much and it was more truck than he needed. 13k on the bumper and 16k on the GN. I haul hay on occasion and don't have any problems pulling my 14k+ trailer.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #85  
tere are 3 for sale near me right now... 7.3's

Well the search for a 7.3 has become painful. All the ones I have seen down here are either beat up or over priced.

Is there a 6.0 that had less issues, and would buying and after market extended warranty relieve some of the concerns?

What year was the chevy's that where less hassle?
What extended warranty should I stay away from and which one do you recommend.

Thanks for all the input.

Mike

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
And that would be where.....

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #87  
I know of a 1996 (I think) 7.3l F350 4-door long bed, 4x4, single rear wheel, with 140K on it out here in California. It's not mine. Winch on front, new 35 Toyo's on nice rims, sweet truck, but I think the guy wants $12,500 for it. Seems high, but I'd much rather own it than a newer 6.0l Ford.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #88  
And that would be where.....

I got the number of one place today. Stopped there today just for you.

it's a black f350 extended cab ( not crew cab. has the shorter doors aft ..e tc. )

ARA auto 352-629-3234

I do lots of driving for work in a 3 county area. I know there were 2 others in my travels. I will try to get their info as I pass them.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
Soundguy, I really appriciate the effort but I'm in miami fl ( city farmer ) unless they are about 100-150 miles away, I'm out.
It would kill me to drive really far to be disappointed in what I see, I'm really picky but thank you for the gesture.

I just looked up the area code... Gainesville... :-((

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #90  
actually south of gville.. but probably still a 4hr drive to miami.

unfortunately.. you MAY have to drive to find one, vs waiting for someone to drive toyour front yard and tell you you have one for sale.

when i got my 7.3 I looked for weeks online.

started out the door on many trips to be called soon after elaving that unit was sold.

planned a trip to the panhandle.. went to south east coast to get the one i'm driving.

good luck.