Ford vs chevy vs dodge

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #1  

Mike1369

Silver Member
Tractor
Baddest LS P7010C south of Palm Beach County
Okay, I'm not starting a pissing contest, I would like to know what year or model to avoid.

Looking for something big and strong, 250 or 2500, may consider bigger if I find a great deal.
Don't plan to use as daily more for weekend work and towing tractor or other equipment when needed.

Have also considered suburban and excursion.

Only looking at diesel motors.

Thanks guys for the help and no brand bashing.....lol

Mike

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #2  
Okay, I'm not starting a pissing contest, I would like to know what year or model to avoid.

Looking for something big and strong, 250 or 2500, may consider bigger if I find a great deal.
Don't plan to use as daily more for weekend work and towing tractor or other equipment when needed.

Have also considered suburban and excursion.

Only looking at diesel motors.

Thanks guys for the help and no brand bashing.....lol

Mike

Man, have you opened a can of worms... Good luck.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
I'm hoping we can be civil...lol

Just want to know what years and models to avoid. In the end I will make the decision on the one that is best for me... If I could buy a jeep that would do what I need, I wouldn't be asking for help.. ;)

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
Would like to see something like

Hey brand X from years -- to -- had issues with transmissions or whatever.

Trucks are like women... Everyone has a different ride.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #5  
I'm hoping we can be civil...lol

Just want to know what years and models to avoid. In the end I will make the decision on the one that is best for me... If I could buy a jeep that would do what I need, I wouldn't be asking for help.. ;)

I am sure that you are going to hear from some Jeep peoples.

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #6  
Deleted. I didn't notice "diesel" in the original post.

Last edited:
   / Ford vs chevy vs dodge #7  
Mike 1369 just started ww3!

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge #8  
I own a 2007 5.9 Cummins.I didn't buy a 2007.5 6.7 L because, this is the 1 st of emissions and they had problems. I think those problems were solved in the later yrs. With the 5.9.I have tons of room under hood to be able to work on if any problems were to arise. The 6.7 L Cummins doesn't have much room under the hood due to all the emissions crap. The D.max & Ford have little to no room under the hood.Not sure which year it started,but with Ford the cab has to be removed to be able to do some work on the engine.Some will say that Dodge has Tranny problems. I have 98K on mine and have never had any issues.Except brakes & tires

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
Deleted. I didn't notice "diesel" in the original post.

Chim... Go ahead and throw in your $0.02

Maybe with the amount of time I will use it, gas might be a better option.

And no WW3 has begun, we are all big boys here and understand and respect everyone's opinion.... Bahahaha... Dam couldn't write that with a straight face...lol

/ Ford vs chevy vs dodge
I really like the look and feel of the dodge but I don't have much of a budget. My tractor almost dried me up.

Looking for something from 99-maybe 04, if the price is right