Comparison B2650 DI OR IDI ENGINE?

/ B2650 DI OR IDI ENGINE? #1  

sehoonkim7

Tractor
cs2410
Hello. Everyone.

Thanks for all TBN member to share information.

I have a simple but hard-to-find question.

Kubota B2650, has DI(Direct injection) engine or IDI(In-direct injection) engine?

If someone knows, please let me know. Thaks..

/ B2650 DI OR IDI ENGINE? #2  
That info is in your owners manual. My guess would be in-direct.

/ B2650 DI OR IDI ENGINE? #3  
Kubota B2650, has DI(Direct injection) engine or IDI(In-direct injection) engine?

The 2013 Full Line Brochure says on page 40 about the B-series 2650 and/or 3350:
Direct injection non common rail...
Now, tell me what is the difference between common and non common.
My salesman said it was a lot simpler than the common...but his description did not make sense.

Somebody go into this discussion: common rail, and non common rail.
Thanks

/ B2650 DI OR IDI ENGINE? #4  
Now, tell me what is the difference between common and non common.
My salesman said it was a lot simpler than the common...but his description did not make sense.

Somebody go into this discussion: common rail, and non common rail.
Thanks

Non-common rail there is a line going from the injection pump to each injector. So if you have a 6 cylinder engine, you will have 6 lines leaving the injection pump. The pump builds the pressure and controls the injection. You can only have 1 spray of fuel and are limited on max pressure. Simple and worked very good for a very long time.

Common rail the pump sends pressure to a common fuel rail. Each injector controls it's own injection. Some of the injectors can inject up to 5 times per power stroke to better control emissions and fuel usage. Much more complex a system an the common rail could have as much as 30000 PSI in it. The injectors are electrically controlled.

This link explains it better and in more detail.

What is Diesel Common Rail Direct Injection - Diesels and CRD - How Does CRD Work