Comparison Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info
If your thinking about dropping $27k on the NH you might as well look at the LS 5030 for about $3k more and that's with a cab and AC/Heat.... Oh and a cool radio.

When in doubt, throw more cash.

Oh and good luck with your research.

Mike, this might be the logical choice, if it were not for the fact that the tractor you refer to is tad bit large for lawn mowing my 3 acres. (I do understand your thrust here BTW)

/ Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info #12  
Singalo go to the LS section. Someone just posted pictures of the smaller tractors with a cab.
Looks like they have redesigned the interior too.

/ Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info #13  
For someone that grew up with 2 wheel drive ag tractors, I can't believe your even looking at scuts (3 acres of lawnmowing, who cares). For all the other things you said your going to do, you need a dk, LS 4010, grand L, etc. but you would still complain. I paid $15499 for a ck35hst with fel, add a backhoe and I'm right at the prices you are for a scut. Good luck, but I feel bad for your dealer.

Singalo go to the LS section. Someone just posted pictures of the smaller tractors with a cab.
Looks like they have redesigned the interior too.

Thanks Mike, By LS section, I take it that you mean the LS section here on TBN, and and not the website? I'll go looking for these pics. Id Like to see a cab on the J. I saw a 2013 J yesterday, and I was overall pleased with the cockpit layout. Thanks for letting us know there are new pics. You might post a link, or I will when I find it.

/ Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info #15  
Entertaining read.

Singalo, you're the perfect cheap tractor owner. You've already got the defensiveness, and approval seeking figured out. What's really holding you back from just buying the J already? Don't want your friends to see you on one?

/ Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info #16  
LOL, Ok mate. WTF are you talking about? What am I doing exactly that I need a larger tractor for? Exactly? More to the point, what exactly is it that you think a SCUT would not be up to? Your comment tells me you don't know a heck of a lot about anything.

Well, lets start here...

What all do you plan to use your tractor for?

I can see his point exactly. There is a reason I went as large as the R3039. Mostly for loader capacity for moving firewood. I have a decent tractor (ironically a SSCUT - Bolens Iseki diesel) that works good for mowing.

One might argue you would be better off (or maybe I should say happier?) in the end with a nice zero turn for handling mowing duty, and a larger tractor for 'work'.

I guess it really all depends on what your intentions are with the tractor.

/ Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info #17  
You know, I was totally thinking that. I had my phone on me, I could have taken a bunch but I never gave it a thought till I was driving home.

He had so much information on his mind to impart to us, he had no room for thinking about pic. :D

/ Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info #18  
Magnus, I was being a bit sarcastic. If you haven't noticed, he's a troll as other posters have pointed out.

Well, lets start here...

What all do you plan to use your tractor for?

I can see his point exactly. There is a reason I went as large as the R3039. Mostly for loader capacity for moving firewood. I have a decent tractor (ironically a SSCUT - Bolens Iseki diesel) that works good for mowing.

One might argue you would be better off (or maybe I should say happier?) in the end with a nice zero turn for handling mowing duty, and a larger tractor for 'work'.

I guess it really all depends on what your intentions are with the tractor.

I have stated this several times in other threads. You may not have read them, but I am fairly certain the guy I was replying to has. Hes just being argumentative for no reason. There Is nothing that the GC1710 can't do that I will be asking of it. I didn't spend over a year and a half now talking to dealers not to know the capabilities of these tractors. My whole purpose in wanting something slightly larger is to gain a bit of ground clearance. That and adding a lil more power all around is not bad thing. That said, I don't NEED more to do what I will be doing.

There will be some one off deals. For instance, clearing two acres of brush land. Brush the size of my thumb around. The Massy dealer said the Brush Hog would have NO problems tackling this size brush. From there , its a matter of clean up. I am fully aware that a larger tractor would be more efficient. But this is not about getting it done in a weekend. I will be living there probably until I retire, so I've got time. Every dealer I have talked to has told me the same thing, that a SCUT can handle this.

Another one off deal is digging some stumps out. The largest one that has to go is 12" in diameter. This is a dead Pine Tree. In fact, all the tree stumps that need to go are pine, and all are successively smaller. I have again been told by every dealer that with a bit of tenacity, any of the the SCUT's I have looked at will be able to do the job.

I have a short footer that needs to be dug for an addition, and a footer to dig for an out building. Again, a lil tenacity, nothing that the SCUT can't do.

Then there is the long term property maintenance. Blowing snow, mowing the lawn, tilling the garden.

The guy I was responding to I am certain I have seen in other threads where I have said this all b4. He's just being a pain. I am more then willing to take advice when it makes sense. But the notion that these SCUT's are some how only marginally better then a Garden tractor is stupid. Going with something Like the J series from LS would only add that much more to the ease of doing what I want to do. And somehow that gets blown up into you need a 40 HP tractor. That's just stupid. The biggest problem with LS remains the potential Service Issues. I have said nothing that was outrageously out of line. People like Gman got nothing but argument for arguments sake. They add nothing. I don't expect or even care that people agree with my take on things. They don't have to. It would be a WHOLE lot more productive to state in an adult manner why you disagree. Maybe we won't change each others minds. But the real benefit is that others can get both sides of the story and make decisions for themselves. What happens here is so many people want to Flame. And whats their biggest rebuttal to that statement? "Nuh Uh,,, you falming". I say, you are trolling. They say "Nuh Huh, you trolling". It's stupid. Id be happy, as I did with you, to debate thoughts and Ideas point for point. At the end, maybe we disagree. Why is that not a reasonable outcome? There are, no matter what people like Gman have to say about it, valid points in my arguments. Points that others searching for information on the J series would want to consider. Gman might even have some valid counter points of his own to share. But hes to busy being the Kung Fu Flame master to post them. It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with people like him. It's all about the "War". Just because you have a view on something, does not make it the ONLY proper view.

Last edited:
   / Fresh LS Tractor J2030H info #20  
Signalo,

I just took a quick comparison look at the MH GC1710 vs. the LS J2030H, and to be honest with you price aside (since I dont know the price of either really) to me, I would much rather have the LS, and have to deal with a dealer 1.5 hours away vs a closer one.

The LS specs out to be a bigger tractor in several ways, and for the most part, not really size. The loader lifts more, lifts higher, with more force, and better angles. Same with the backhoe (with exception of total digging depth is about the same). The backhoe rotates much farther (180* vs 140*) which can mean a much when using a backhoe. I even noticed the hydraulic pump flow rating is considerably higher on the LS. One more thing I noticed, is the LS uses a Mitsubishi engine. I am not sure what brand engine the Massey has, but the Mitsu is a tried and true engine. My Bolens has a 3 cyl Mitsu in it from the early 80's. Runs like a champ, and i never touch it.

Also, I dont know what the MH warranty is, but I know its 5 years on the LS. Knowing the supplying dealer is willing to cover any 'travel' costs for warranty work for the entire 5 years kinda makes the 1.5 hours away a moot point. I do understand that for 'routine maintenance' that may be an issue, but honestly that maintenance is mostly oil/filter changes. Its something that any DIY'r can handle. By the time said 5 year warranty expires, its very likely you may have another if not several other dealers available....

Another interesting tidbit to ponder (and I really dont know what your budget is...) But I compared the J series dimensions to the R series that I bought. The R is about 10" wider, and 15" longer. Really, thats not 'that' much bigger physically, but a heck of a bunch more tractor!. I know the R series does have an available mid PTO, although I am not sure if they have a MMM for it....

Long story short, based on what I have seen of LS's reputation for quality, their stellar 5 year warranty, Paige's 'free warranty transport', and the impressive specs of the J vs the GS; Hands down, I would choose the J. I would have no issue buying from a dealer 1.5 hours away. I have no intentions of having to use the dealer for very much at all, and especially nothing really thats not warranty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.