Price Check third function.

/ third function. #1  

farmall 55a case

Platinum Member
Tractor
case ih farmall 55a
Where did you guys get yours from,what brand is it? And if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost? I am wanting to buy one for my Case IH farmall 55 A. Thank you in advance!

/ third function. #3  
If you get it from WR LONG, it is about $680.

If you get it from Surplus , it is about 1/3 less.

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE

Surplus Center - 1 STATION DO3 SUBPLATE OPEN CENTER

J.J., I have seen you mention the WR Long set for the $680. Do they offer different set levels, as in partial kits or something? Everything Attachments shows the Long kit for $837 and a diverter kit for $850. Can you put a link to where it can be purchased for the $680? I'm sure that it would help out many other people.

Thanks for your trouble. ;)

/ third function. #4  
Fasse Valve

Farm Equipment Solutions | Fasse Valves

The price is comparable with the others on the market (it often depends on what retailer you end up buying from and the specific setup you end up going with) but it offers Rolls Royce performance, and if you ever actually need to deal with the parent company directly, they bend over backwards to make you happy and support their gear.

Last edited:
   / third function. #5  
Can't find my reference, but I would use the solenoid setup from Surplus and the sub plate.

Some people are not handy or knowledgeable and want someone to make up a kit exactly for their tractor, and if they want to spend that kind of money, then so be it.

I just can not see the money in the kits.

I will concede to the higher price of $850 + until I find the lower price.

Found this ref, don't know the date.

Excerpt:

Sure, the following prices are including freight to Fort Worth, TX:

W.R. Long OBG2-48 Grapple................$1,415

W.R. Long 3rd Function Valve
(including bulkhead plate and fittings)....$690

Last edited:
   / third function.
What one is better third function or diverter kit for grapple use?

/ third function. #7  

Can't speak universally, but this guy?

...used a Fasse multplier and controller to get his third function for his Grapple. He does a step-by-step with that thread pretty well. (Granted, it's on a BX25, but I think you would find it applicable.)

(The hydro/valve stuff mostly starts on page 4 of the thread, btw)

/ third function. #8  

3ed function valve will provide instant operation to the grapple at full flow, and maybe quite fast.

Selector/diverter valve, will let you switch the curl hyd to the grapple and you can feather the flow.

Your choice.

The diverter valve is usually up front in the curl circuit, and controlled with a push button.

The 3ed function is installed after the FEL valve and switched on using a push button.

/ third function. #9  
   / third function.
3ed function valve will provide instant operation to the grapple at full flow, and maybe quite fast.

Selector/diverter valve, will let you switch the curl hyd to the grapple and you can feather the flow.

Your choice.

The diverter valve is usually up front in the curl circuit, and controlled with a push button.

The 3ed function is installed after the FEL valve and switched on using a push button.

Thank you! That's what I thought but wasn't for sure do with a third function you still have all your loader controls wile using it and with the other you dont