Price Check third function.

/ third function. #31  
I will bet you did not read the description on that valve.

12 VDC HYDRAULIC SOLENOID VALVE
Brand new, EATON-VICKERS DG4V-3 series, double-solenoid control valve. Spring centering spool. Manual override on solenoids. Subplate mounting requires D03 subplate (sold separately) for port connections. Use with two Hirschmann connectors (sold separately) for wiring.

SPECIFICATIONS
Open center spool
Work ports blocked in neutral
Model DG4V-3-8C-VM-U-G7-61
Voltage 12 VDC
Amperage 3.5 Amps
Flow 10.5 GPM max
Pressure 3,000 PSI max
Use with D03 subplate
Size 8-3/4" x 1-7/8" x 2-1/8"
Shpg. 6 lbs.

The grapple will stay in the position that it is in when the valve goes to spring center.

/ third function. #32  
I will bet you did not read the description on that valve.

12 VDC HYDRAULIC SOLENOID VALVE
Brand new, EATON-VICKERS DG4V-3 series, double-solenoid control valve. Spring centering spool. Manual override on solenoids. Subplate mounting requires D03 subplate (sold separately) for port connections. Use with two Hirschmann connectors (sold separately) for wiring.

SPECIFICATIONS
Open center spool
Work ports blocked in neutral
Model DG4V-3-8C-VM-U-G7-61
Voltage 12 VDC
Amperage 3.5 Amps
Flow 10.5 GPM max
Pressure 3,000 PSI max
Use with D03 subplate
Size 8-3/4" x 1-7/8" x 2-1/8"
Shpg. 6 lbs.

The grapple will stay in the position that it is in when the valve goes to spring center.

Cool, I'm still trying to learn the lingo for all of this stuff. Admittedly, I have learned most of it from reading YOUR posts. I just learned that a closed center wouldn't work at all on our hydraulic system since it would lock out the rest of the system when the valve was closed.

With the open center, but closed work ports will that valve be able to run a motor without pressure relief? I see they offer a motor spool version probably for exactly that purpose, but that would let the cylinders leak down and the grapple close?

ac

/ third function. #33  
With a closed center hyd system, the will be a relief close by the pump. That is why closed center valves don't need reliefs on each valve, because they are all in parrallel.

The spool designed for controlling hyd motors is an open center type valve but is called a motor spool. This allows the hyd motor to free wheel with out damage.

Theoretically, you can run a hyd motor with a cyl spool, but you have to be careful, as the spools will close off the flow, and if the motor has enough centrifugal force and mass, the motor will act as a pump and the fluid has to go somewhere.

It is a good idea to add a relief valve across a hyd motor.

The Army hydraulics is a good reference/guide for for hyd knowledge, and there are many CD on line and web sites available.

Whatever hyd word you are searching for, you will find something. Save those articles PDF, and data relative to hydraulics.

/ third function. #34  
Cool, I'm still trying to learn the lingo for all of this stuff. Admittedly, I have learned most of it from reading YOUR posts. I just learned that a closed center wouldn't work at all on our hydraulic system since it would lock out the rest of the system when the valve was closed.

With the open center, but closed work ports will that valve be able to run a motor without pressure relief? I see they offer a motor spool version probably for exactly that purpose, but that would let the cylinders leak down and the grapple close?

ac

No, a closed center valve will not work on an open center system as there is no flow to tank until a hyd motor or cyl is activated.

However in a closed center system, all the valve are in parrallel, and all valves can be operated at the same time. The flow is divided among the operating valves.

If you use the open center cyl valve to operate a hyd motor, the motor will run and is protected by the relief valve on the valve, but before you go to neutral, the motor should be stopped.

Let me add some more data.

Some valves are convertible in the fact that it can be converted into an open center valve, or an open center with PB, or closed center valve.

Last edited:
   / third function.
Of the to what one requires less maintenance?

/ third function. #36  
Of the to what one requires less maintenance?

They (should) be the same---NONE. The diverter uses 1 single solenoid and the true 3rd function uses 2 solenoids. I have had to do ZERO maintenance with my diverters, the oldest one being right at 8 years old.

Nothing against true 3rd functions, I just don't see the need for them with the majority of work performed with the tractors talked about on TBN.

I personally don't see the need to be able to operate 3 functions at the same time unless you are in production and use this as part of making your living. Unless you have a 4n1 bucket, I don't see the need for it with just a grapple. These tractors don't have the GPM to move all 3 functions at a high rate of speed anyway. So unless you want to take a nap while you wait for all 3 functions to move, :rolleyes: or like running your engine at high RPMs, what good is having the true 3rd function?

You can always get the true 3rd function and just use it as a diverter, then you have the best of both options.

Just my opinion, I'm sure others will vary. ;)

/ third function. #37  
   / third function. #38  
3ed function parts for grapple

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE

Surplus Center - 1 STATION DO3 SUBPLATE OPEN CENTER

Hello J.J.!

I tried a forum search on this valve and got 28 pages of threads!
I'm trying to find some plumbing info on this valve/sub-plate. Can the P and T ports be plumbed into the power beyond circuit between the loader valve and three point, or does it need its own pressure source?

Thanks,
ciderman

Boy you would think so, 3000 PSI on the valve and 5000 PSI on the sub-plate. I am no expert but I vote yes.