Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A

I sure wish I could help, but I don't really know much about that model of Case IH, we had a Case CX80 we traded in on our kubota M8540, but that is a different model.
    "An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef Mallett

Tractor
    John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404

All I can say which dealership is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

I looked at CaseIH when I was shopping. I didn't like the A models because they were too basic. But then, I didn't like the SU model Kubotas either for the same reasons. I think the two tractors are very comparable though and actually a bit surprised the kubota was more expensive.

Beyond all that, don't lose track of what everyone is saying about an FEL tractor in 2wd. You really need to get used to the idea that you need 4wd.

It would be great if your dealer had a 2wd with FEL sitting on the lot that he'd let you play with for a few minutes. One bucket full of material and trying to back uphill and you'd know what we are saying.

Yes,,,, you can add rear ballast to a 2wd and gain some productivity. But if you add enough to make it anywhere near as productive as a 4wd then it's going to be very light in the front when going uphill with an empty bucket.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Tractor
    Ford 3000

Thanks for the good advice. The same dealer has kubota and CASEIH. I'm just not finding as much info out there on the CASE IH.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

Oldhamhunter i dont think you ll be happy with a 2wd tractor i know my 7040 in 2wd is useless i spin in my drive in 2wd on the hill even with diff lock on

Tractor
    John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404

I have a JD 5325 2wd with FEL and its works fine for me. I use it to Tedder and rake hay. Also use it to move and load 4x5 round bales. But it's flat where I live and also if it is that wet I don't need to be in the hay field.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    A little of everything

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhamhunter View Post
    Thanks for the help. I've got a 3 bottom plow to pull and plan on pulling alot of saplings from fence rows, so traction is important. I guess its between ballasting a 2wd kubota (7040SU) for extra traction or possibly being able to afford MFWD on the cheaper Case IH (both with FEL). So is buying a 2WD Kubota worth giving up 4x4 on the Case? What are the actual advantages of the Kubota over Case (apples to apples). I've heard some negative things about the case: loader settling, loader frame blocks engine oil dipstick, and that new CASE IH are copies of a less desirable Fiat?.
    I've had John Deere in the past, but no experience with CASE IH or Kubota.
    I'm not sure where you are getting all the negatives from, but the Farmall 75A is the same basic tractor as the New Holland Workmaster 75 and neither are based on an old Fiat design. The Farmall A has only been in the CaseIH line up for few years now so that could explain why you don't see as much info on them.

The Farmall 75A is a good solid economy tractor and will serve you well.

Knowing where you live you have so many dealer choices. I know Bluegrass has a 4wd and 2wd Workmaster 75 on their lot. (I was looking at them last weekend) Not sure of their price. I do not know where the kubota 7040SU is. I will be getting the Case or New Holland later this spring. I like them because they are basic tractors. I find electronics a negative in the tractors in this price range for my use.
    King Kutter Sub Soiler
    5 Foot King Kutter Tiller
    Land Pride HD25 Post Hole Digger
    90 Inch LandPride Side Discharge Mower
    Atlas Hipper from Ken Sweet
    Lots and Lots of Apple Trees

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Case 580 Super M Series 2, Cat D3B

How much are they asking for the Farmall 75A?

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by kycontrols View Post
    Knowing where you live you have so many dealer choices. I know Bluegrass has a 4wd and 2wd Workmaster 75 on their lot. (I was looking at them last weekend) Not sure of their price. I do not know where the kubota 7040SU is. I will be getting the Case or New Holland later this spring. I like them because they are basic tractors. I find electronics a negative in the tractors in this price range for my use.
    What electronics on a Kubota M Series concern you?
    "An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef Mallett

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast