Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #1  

Oldhamhunter

Tractor
Ford 3000
My father in law and I are getting ready to get a new tractor and the local dealer carries CASE IH and Kubota. The 7040SU quoted is a few grand more than the Farmall 75A. We will get a FEL, but MFWD is still up up the air depending on price. Do you all have any recommendations between the two or a reason not to get the cheaper Farmall 75A? Or is there a better option in the 65 HP range? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
   / Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #2  
I have a Case IH Farmall 85U with FEL. I like my tractor I use it mostly for cutting and baling hay. What u going to use the tractor for?

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A
Its for maintaining 35 acres including planting 10 acres of dove field, pulling small trees and bush hogging.

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #4  
My second choice was a Kubota but the Case IH had a better dealership. Glad now I got the Case. Everybody where I live likes their Kubotas too. So good luck

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #5  
i own a 7040su you wont be happy with the bota the case is a heavier tractor the bota is to light i have cast centers loaded rears its still to light

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #6  
welcome to tbn

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #7  
I love my Kubota. Two years ago during our drought I dug a small tank out in my pasture the M7040 was more than up to the task. I also use it for bush hogging the pasture, hauling hay, and moving timber to the burn pile. Big Orange is up to any task.

Charlie

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #8  
We don't have enough info to help you to much. The Kubota is the most reliable of the two and I wouldn't consider a two wheel drive with a loader.

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #9  
I can't honestly say which is the best tractor or better buy, I prefer Kubota, but that's a personal thing, some prefer the Case IH, I do agree with art, having owned a 2WD with a FEL, I won't buy another one.

As case245 points out, the Case IH according to Tractor Data weighs about 1000 more pounds, whether this is important to you or not I can't say. I personally prefer to ballast my machines to suit my needs as most farmers in my area do, I see no need to haul around 1000 more pounds than I need, it is easier to add weight than take it away. Either way, it would not be a deal breaker for me.

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A
Thanks for the help. I've got a 3 bottom plow to pull and plan on pulling alot of saplings from fence rows, so traction is important. I guess its between ballasting a 2wd kubota (7040SU) for extra traction or possibly being able to afford MFWD on the cheaper Case IH (both with FEL). So is buying a 2WD Kubota worth giving up 4x4 on the Case? What are the actual advantages of the Kubota over Case (apples to apples). I've heard some negative things about the case: loader settling, loader frame blocks engine oil dipstick, and that new CASE IH are copies of a less desirable Fiat?.
I've had John Deere in the past, but no experience with CASE IH or Kubota.