Question about engine hours on used jd 4720

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #1  

123nick

Tractor
jd 4720
I found a 2011 jd 4720 with 650 hours on machine. Machine is spotless, runs very well. I would be using machine for small family farm use. My question is how many hours will the jd diesel run before any major service needed. Also what are the service intervals for engine, hydro trans differentials and hydraulics. Thanks in advance, any input would be appreciated.

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #2  
a lot more than that

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #3  
I purchased my tractor in Jan.08 and just turned 600 hrs.,and I feel I use mine more than the average home -owner.
650 hrs.on any diesel is next to nothing as along as the proper maintenance was done.That tractor had to be used by some type of business to have that many hours for the year built.

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #4  
I found a 2011 jd 4720 with 650 hours on machine. Machine is spotless, runs very well. I would be using machine for small family farm use. My question is how many hours will the jd diesel run before any major service needed. Also what are the service intervals for engine, hydro trans differentials and hydraulics. Thanks in advance, any input would be appreciated.

You can download operators manuals, etc. for all recent products from the Deere website. That should provide service intervals, etc.

John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Equipment List

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #5  
Properly maintained, John Deere diesel engines can get over 5000 hours before major overhaul becomes necessary. My 1966 JD 2510 was rebuilt at 5500 hrs. It's a 55 hp row-crop. Change that oil once a year, or at 100 hrs, whichever comes first.

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #6  
That tractor had to be used by some type of business to have that many hours for the year built.

Not necessarily. If the person bought it early in 2011, that gives it two full years of use. I've put 44 hours on my new tractor in one month, so even easing off the usage, as I get projects done, I can still easily see well over 300 hours in the first year. I don't have anywhere near a commercial operation....just 15 acres that may grow to 50. R,

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #7  
a tractor with 650hrs on it is just now getting broke in good.if you take care of the tractor there no telling how meny hours you can go without something major happening.

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720
Thank you all for input. This forum is priceless for new guys like myself trying to decide on the right tractor with so many choices out there.

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #9  
I have a Massey Ferguson 135 diesel with 5100 hours and it runs like a sewing machine.

/ Question about engine hours on used jd 4720 #10  
Agree with others, I bought a used tractor with 735 and was tickled to get such a low hour machine, I average about 300-400 on one of our tractors and I am not a business, just keeping up with hogging, dirt work etc. I would jump all over that tractor, very nice tractor. You might want to ask for service record.