Kubota BX 1500 Need help on a fair price

/ Kubota BX 1500 Need help on a fair price #1  

jmoul00

Tractor
want to buy
I am in the market for a tractor for 8 acres in Easton Washington. On Craigslist is a 2006 BX 1500 with loader and back blade. They are asking $7900. It has 135 hours and appears to be in excellent condition. How can I determine if this is a good price. Also any experience with the bx1500. I would like to get an L series but they are not in the budget.

/ Kubota BX 1500 Need help on a fair price #2  
Does it have a mower deck on it?

/ Kubota BX 1500 Need help on a fair price
It does not. Loader and back blade with 4 ripper teeth only.

/ Kubota BX 1500 Need help on a fair price #4  
The deck for that BX is going to cost $1800.00 new, used ? If you need an L the BX is not even in the ball park.

/ Kubota BX 1500 Need help on a fair price #5  
8 acres is a lot for a BX1500. What are you planning to do with your tractor? 7,900 seems like a lot considering that it doesn't have a mower deck. If an L series is too much to swing how about a B series.

/ Kubota BX 1500 Need help on a fair price #6  
Are you going to mow all 8 acres? or maintain? 8 is doable with bx for maintaining - but mowing all 8? you just wont have the time and you might be better off stepping up in size with more rear pto power to get a 7 foot or larger finishing mower to manicure 8 acres. Otherwise a 4 footer or smaller bush hog can clear cut a 8 acre or less once a year no problem IMHO.