Comparison JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #11  
Jmer, I think the max is a Mitsibishi built tractor. I didn't know about any reliability concerns with it. From the models you listed, I would think the max would out work all of the others (I own a Kioti and used to own a kubota), and have an easier time doing it ( yes I know it's a scut on steroids). All for a price in the same ballpark as the others. And (in my mind) that's why it's comparable.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #12  
With the exception of the Max, those are all way to small. What is your history with tractors, how much of what you want to do have you done with other tractors? I'm sure most of what you want to do could be done with a SCUT, but it's not what it's made for.

I have 3 acres, do most of the same stuff you're talking about and have a Kioti DK45. I started with a JD 955 (33hp, 1700#), traded for a Kioti CK30 (30hp, 3200lbs) and then finally the DK45, all in 2 years. It's cheaper and easier to get the right machine the first time.

If you only want a SCUT in the future, rent a Kubota B26 or L39 and get it done, then maintain it with the SCUT, but I think you're going to find that you'll really want a bigger tractor. I've never had a SCUT, but my DK45 doesn't seem any less maneuverable than either of my previous smaller tractors. I'd look at a Kioti CK30 or DK40, a 30-40hp LS or possibly a Kubota L3240 or L3940. All great tractors, a little more $$ than the CS, but not that much more than the JD 1026R that you're looking at (well, the Kubota's might be).

Oh ya, until you sit on the seat, they won't quote you much more than MSRP.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #13  
Messick, do you mean overall quality of the parts is better on the kubota? The specs are about even between the CS240 and BX2660. What is your opinion on having position control vs the 1/4pt on the kubota for use of a box blade? Also, what is your opinion on the time and steps to take off/put on the MMM vs the JD1026 and Kioti CS2410? Those are the things holding me back from Kubota right now - the 1/4 pt and hassle w/the MMM.

Don, I see what you're saying. I think I could live with that for a discount of $1500 though. It'll just be me on my own property, I won't have any hard deadlines to meet so a delay in repair would be tolerable I think. (i say that now, wait till it happens, right? lol)
Right.

Being without your tractor for 2 to 3 months, when you need it the most........................

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres
TractorTidy - it is JD... I think it's mostly because the original JD quote I got wasn't in person so it was probably way too high ($17900); Compared to another advertised price of around $15k.

kiotiken - I've only used my cousin's boomer for a couple weekends. I see what you're saying about a heavier, more HP tractor will get my initial things done quicker, but I have time and am in no rush. As long as the SCUT can get it done, I think I'll go with that. And good point on the quote - hoping to get better numbers next week when I make my rounds.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres
Illini - do you know anything about the ease of on/off w/MMM and FEL on the Max series? Going to test them out next week but sounded like you might have some experience with the Max?

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #16  
JMER,
You have to love the tractor hunt. I recently purchased my first tractor and very happy with it. Have you taken a look at the Cub Cadet/ Yanmar units. I think the sc2400 would compare to the others you have listed except the kioti. Just to let you know i never saw my tractor or drove it prior to purchase. Only thing i had to go on was some specs that were listed and as far as getting a visual on the size i looked at a picture with a person on it. Alittle crazy on making a purchase that way but very happy with my choice. By the way the cub cadet/yanmar units are now just called yanmar. Very nice tractors and i think most would agree seeing how they made most compacts for john deere for many years.
Good Luck in your hunt :drink:

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #17  
For the prices you quoted you could get into a Bobcat CT122, which is way more tractor. And don't be afraid of buying from far away. I did and saved $2200. If it's a good dealer, they'll stand by you no matter where you are. Besides, how often does one really take their tractor to the dealer? I have a JD I've had for 19 years. It's been to the dealer exactly once. I've had my kioti 7 years and it's never been to the dealer. I bought it from a dealer 250 miles away to save money. I did have some initial problems with the Kioti and the dealer came to my place to fix it for a nominal travel charge on two different occasions. Total tractor down time: 4 days.

I agree with others, go bigger. You can get more tractor for that same money. You'll be glad you did for that ground engagement work. SubCUTS are just a little more than a glorified lawn mower.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #18  
For the prices you quoted you could get into a Bobcat CT122, which is way more tractor. And don't be afraid of buying from far away. I did and saved $2200. If it's a good dealer, they'll stand by you no matter where you are. Besides, how often does one really take their tractor to the dealer? I have a JD I've had for 19 years. It's been to the dealer exactly once. I've had my kioti 7 years and it's never been to the dealer. I bought it from a dealer 250 miles away to save money. I did have some initial problems with the Kioti and the dealer came to my place to fix it for a nominal travel charge on two different occasions. Total tractor down time: 4 days.

I agree with others, go bigger. You can get more tractor for that same money. You'll be glad you did for that ground engagement work. SubCUTS are just a little more than a glorified lawn mower.
Spoken by someone who clearly doesn't have a clue.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #19  
Spoken by someone who clearly doesn't have a clue.

You don't know a thing about me Don, so you should just post comments about tractors and stop insulting me. I have used a few subcuts. I used one at my place for a week (BX18something). Didn't like it: couldn't do what I needed. My neighbor has one too. Mowed some with it. It was OK at that, but I mowed circles around with my JD425 GT. Same with snow removal. Side-by-side, neighbor can't keep up. Have friend that has one too. Meets his needs for mowing grass and moving mulch. Still not a real tractor anymore than my JD is. Now, Don, defend your little toy all you want, but shut up about me. You are entitled to your opinion on tractors, but not on me.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #20  
You don't know a thing about me Don, so you should just post comments about tractors and stop insulting me. I have used a few subcuts. I used one at my place for a week (BX18something). Didn't like it: couldn't do what I needed. My neighbor has one too. Mowed some with it. It was OK at that, but I mowed circles around with my JD425 GT. Same with snow removal. Side-by-side, neighbor can't keep up. Have friend that has one too. Meets his needs for mowing grass and moving mulch. Still not a real tractor anymore than my JD is. Now, Don, defend your little toy all you want, but shut up about me. You are entitled to your opinion on tractors, but not on me.
It seems I'm not the only one with my opinion......the same thing was expressed by others on this same subject in a different thread, and it was aimed at your comments there also. Dunno what your exact uses were..........ya prolly ain't gonna dig a 30 foot deep hole anytime quick with a subcompact.........but to come in here, and issue a blanket statement like you have proves that you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe ya outta peruse the threads a little and see what these subcompacts are actually capable of...........when they have an operator in the seat, that is.