Comparison JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres
I appreciate it Jenkins and I agree, I'd really like position control but to get a tractor w/it that I can later add a MMM to would cost an extra $3k. I don't have a whole lot of area to box blade, maybe 4 or 5 areas about 12'x12' so I'm hoping I can get by without position control for that money. I know, I know, lol... it would make sense to just hire someone to level it out, but I want to do it myself!

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #32  
Spoken by someone who clearly doesn't have a clue.

LOL, I love it when people call these "SCUT's" Glorified Lawn mowers. I defy anyone to put even a JD 700 series next to a SCUT, (And a 700 i think we can all agree is more then just a lawn mower) and make such a comment without reservation. JMER, don't put a lot of stock in such comments. SCUT's are what they are. There are PLENTIFUL stories of people doing things that would shock you with these SCUT's. Are they meant for "Big" work? Nope. But they will do things you never thought possible. I am in the EXACT same place you are. Been looking for over a year and a half now. I have logged many hours at dealerships and talked to actual owners of some of these SCUT's. All of them are supremely happy with them. As a general rule of thumb, the people I talked to always want more tractor then they have. But for small land owners, it's always a game of balancing. If 90-95% of the time a SCUT will work perfectly for you, then you have to consider that. Bigger does not come without disadvantages. In the end, everyone needs to weigh the options and make a well reasoned decision. But to say that a SCUT is a glorified lawn mower is just silly, and it is not an accurate account of what they are capable of.

I have been going out of my mind trying to figure out what the best balance will be. Currently I am looking very closely at an LS J. It is slightly larger then most SCUT's, but its roughly the same weight. It's not nearly as heavily built as true "CUT's". But,,, it is not without it's own set of issues.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #33  
LOL, I love it when people call these "SCOUT's" Glorified Lawn mowers. I defy anyone to put even a JD 700 series next to a SCUT, (And a 700 i think we can all agree is more then just a lawn mower) and make such a comment without reservation. JMER, don't put a lot of stock in such comments. SCOUT's are what they are. There are PLENTIFUL stories of people doing things that would shock you with these SCUT's. Are they meant for "Big" work? Nope. But they will do things you never thought possible. I am in the EXACT same place you are. Been looking for over a year and a half now. I have logged many hours at dealerships and talked to actual owners of some of these SCUT's. All of them are supremely happy with them. As a general rule of thumb, the people I talked to always want more tractor then they have. But for small land owners, it's always a game of balancing. If 90-95% of the time a SCUT will work perfectly for you, then you have to consider that. Bigger does not come without disadvantages. In the end, everyone needs to weigh the options and make a well reasoned decision. But to say that a SCUT is a glorified lawn mower is just silly, and it is not an accurate account of what they are capable of.

I have been going out of my mind trying to figure out what the best balance will be. Currently I am looking very closely at an LS J. It is slightly larger then most SCUT's, but its roughly the same weight. It's not nearly as heavily built as true "CUTs". But,,, it is not without it's own set of issues.

You won't find a one machine does all. Would be nice but for every size that does a few thing great the flip side would be does a few things not so good. The people who call these GLM are probably the big ag owners, where anything less than say 75 HP is a toy. Keep searching find your machine then the **** what other people think.

Interesting, I looked at an LS J2020H for about $12k... liked it except for that dagum rocker pedal! I hear you on the SCUT thing, doesn't bother me when people call them lawnmowers, I've seen what they can do and they meet my needs! Just trying to figure out what I could ask dealer to throw in to finish the deal. I think the price is good but maybe ask him to do the 50 hour service for free or add a toothbar?

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #35  
You won't find a one machine does all. Would be nice but for every size that does a few thing great the flip side would be does a few things not so good. The people who call these GLM are probably the big ag owners, where anything less than say 75 HP is a toy. Keep searching find your machine then the **** what other people think.

Your absolutely right about the fact that one machine can't do all of it. I agree with buying one that will do most of what you need especially the things that keep reoccurring such as mowing. That is why I went with the glorified lawn mower (x749) instead of a scut with fel and extra weight. In my own yard I could easily get by with an x320 for maintenance 95% of the time. I also agree that people should buy what they want without being too concerned about the Jones' next door.

About all any of us can do is try to make good recommendations to the OPs' in these threads and hope they can sort it all out. I hope that they can take away from these threads a better idea of what will best help them with their individual projects.

In my opinion their all small differences between the various sizes of machines, incremental small steps, the larger equipment with more weight and hp can handle larger jobs. The smaller equipment can fit in tighter spaces and manuever more easily. I bought the x749 for manueverability in tight spaces and fully recognized it wasn't going to replace a larger tractor but it has cut down the amount of maual labor I had to pay out prior to owning it. Understanding that I have been well satisfied with it overall. A subcompact such as the 1026R wouldn't add anything appreciable imo without taking away something else such as 4ws. I priced out a 2720 with 200cx as a next tractor to fit between the x749 and the 4520 and 110tlb. So, I don't think there is a one size fits all answer and all of them have plenty of limitations including the lawn mowers, subcompacts, compacts and field tractors.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #36  
Jenkins, Would you buy your x749 again?or get a different model?

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #37  
I would buy it again as long as I have the continued need for close quarter work. As I mentioned though I could get by with less for mowing my own lawns. My lawn is super smooth and a zero turn might be fun to have too but as it is is doesn't take much of my time to mow now. And I actually enjoy my own mowing, gives me time to look everything over carefully.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #38  
I appreciate it Jenkins and I agree, I'd really like position control but to get a tractor w/it that I can later add a MMM to would cost an extra $3k. I don't have a whole lot of area to box blade, maybe 4 or 5 areas about 12'x12' so I'm hoping I can get by without position control for that money. I know, I know, lol... it would make sense to just hire someone to level it out, but I want to do it myself!

When you buy a tractor your should get it equipped like you want it. If you afford the MMM get it now, nothing is getting cheaper.

I have a BX and I agree that position control is better for most tasks. I also think that for no more than what the average subcompact owners is going to do with their tractor they can get by without position control. I can get decent results with the quarter inching valve on the BX. Sometimes I use the BX to grade my driveway and I have got some compliments that it looks good. The quarter inching valve works 10,000 times better than the 3PH on does on a older tractor like a 8N.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #39  
I also wanted add that I think position control would be real handy for plowing, tilling, or something that requires lifting the 3PH repeatedly and setting it back to the same height each time.

Well, I finally made a decision - going with the MF GC2600. Really liked the dealer and they got me tractor w/FEL, tooth bar, free 50 hour service, loaded tires, box blade and spike harrow for under $12,500 out the door. It was the last 2600 they had before being replaced w/the new tier 4 compliant model.

I'm going to get a used lawn tractor for now for the 1/3 acre bermuda sod to mow this summer... Once I get the fescue growing well next season I may get the MMM for the tractor but for now this equipment setup will meet my needs and keep me in budget!

Hoping for delivery Friday, I'll post some pictures next week! Thanks very much to everyone for helping me decide.