Comparison JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #1  

JMER

Bronze Member
Tractor
GC2600
Hi all,

I致e been reading these forums on and off for the last 4 years and am FINALLY able to buy my first tractor! I have about 2.5 acres in N Alabama that is mostly cleared though will still require knocking down some brush, cleaning out logs, fallen trees etc. Will need to level out some areas and till up about 1.25 acres to prep for seeding fescue. Also will use it for tilling garden, lots of landscaping chores and mowing about 2 acres worth of grass. I plan to get the FEL, MM mower and box blade to start. Would like to add tooth bar and hooks to FEL later on. I致e got it narrowed down to the JD 1026 and the Kioti CS1024. I知 shying away from the Kubota BX2660/2670 because they don稚 have the position control and I intend to use box blade quite a bit with gardening, soil prep for seeding, maintaining gravel drive (200?. I致e also shied away from the Max25 just because I知 unsure of the reliability I知 not real mechanically inclined and the ease of on/off w/FEL and MMM on JD appeal to me.

My questions:
-Got quoted through email $17,850 for 1026 w/FEL and MMM at 0% for 60 months seems way high to me.
-Got quoted through email about $13,500 for CS2410 w/FEL and MMM at 5% for 84 months
-Got quoted $17,000 through email on Max 25 w/FEL and MMM at 0% for 84 months
-17k for BX2670 w/FEL and MMM at 0% for 60 month

What do y誕ll think of these initial prices (what should I expect to get fair price upon visit to dealer) and any suggestions considering my intended uses and lack of mechanical experience? Any idea on breakout force on these? Only one I could find info on is the Max 25.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #2  
You need some seat time, and check out the dealers.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #3  
My first concern is that you may be going too small. A sub-compact is great for mowing and doing small loader jobs, but any larger jobs,
you don't have the size, weight and lift capacity that is sometimes needed.

As far as the ones you have listed, I would side w/ the Kioti. It's a very good tractor and proven as it was the New Holland sub produced by Shibaura. It is a basic tractor w/ no extras such as the 1026R. The lift capacity is 675 and breakout is 1.332 lbs. All your subs are going to
be in that lift cap. range (the BX, Deere's 1000's and the Kioti). The Mahindra Max is actually a small compact vs. a sub so it will have more lift.
It actually compares w/ a Kioti CK20 or the Deere 2000 series.

The 1026 is high priced because of being Deere and a "deluxe" featured tractor. For more apples to apples comparison to the Kioti and Kubota BX, you need to look at the 1023. That is their "basic" sub..

As far as the e-mail prices, I would say you are pretty close if not right there. Contrary to most people opinion's on here and popular belief, there is not a lot of margin on tractors 10-12% and the delaers need to make something.

Also, buying local or close should be a key factor in your decision. You will need the dealer down the road and it is good to have a local
or close relationship. It pays off.

Hope this helps.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #4  
You've compared 3 subcompacts with one compact tractor. Regardless of what Mahindra wants to call it, the Maxx 22/25 series are 'compact tractors'.

My last statement can be verified on Mahindra's own site. Just compare the specifications of the Max 22/25 series with the 1816 series(which is listed as a 'compact tractor).

The Mahindra will do more, than the others listed because of it being a 'compact'. It will handle larger 3pt. implements, and will lift a lot more than the other 3.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres
Tractortidy - I'm with you, I've been leaning to the Kioti but if I can get an equal (or within few hundred dollars) deal on the JD, I may go the JD route. What do y'all think of buying from someone 'out of area' that offers a better price (by $1,500) even after shipping? by better price, I mean $1,500 less than my local dealer will sell it for.

Thanks Don, yep I get the whole Max/subcompact comparison thing. Not a big deal to me. I'm just a little uneasy with the reliability of the Max series.

Also got a quote on Kubota BX2660TV60 (fel and mmm) for $14,400. I really like the kubotas, only drawback to me is the position control thing. What are y'alls feelings on having the 1/4 control for doing a lot of box blade work?

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #6  
Tractortidy - I'm with you, I've been leaning to the Kioti but if I can get an equal (or within few hundred dollars) deal on the JD, I may go the JD route. What do y'all think of buying from someone 'out of area' that offers a better price (by $1,500) even after shipping? by better price, I mean $1,500 less than my local dealer will sell it for.
Thanks Don, yep I get the whole Max/subcompact comparison thing. Not a big deal to me. I'm just a little uneasy with the reliability of the Max series.

Also got a quote on Kubota BX2660TV60 (fel and mmm) for $14,400. I really like the kubotas, only drawback to me is the position control thing. What are y'alls feelings on having the 1/4 control for doing a lot of box blade work?
A lot of people have, but the thing to consider, is work you may need done in the future. You local dealer will probably work on yours 'when he gets time'.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #7  
Tractortidy - I'm with you, I've been leaning to the Kioti but if I can get an equal (or within few hundred dollars) deal on the JD, I may go the JD route.

I sold the CS2410 when it was sold by CNH. Its a pretty mediocre tractor, not bad... but not a Kubota. (and Yes, we would tell people that)

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres
Messick, do you mean overall quality of the parts is better on the kubota? The specs are about even between the CS240 and BX2660. What is your opinion on having position control vs the 1/4pt on the kubota for use of a box blade? Also, what is your opinion on the time and steps to take off/put on the MMM vs the JD1026 and Kioti CS2410? Those are the things holding me back from Kubota right now - the 1/4 pt and hassle w/the MMM.

Don, I see what you're saying. I think I could live with that for a discount of $1500 though. It'll just be me on my own property, I won't have any hard deadlines to meet so a delay in repair would be tolerable I think. (i say that now, wait till it happens, right? lol)

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #9  
Messick, do you mean overall quality of the parts is better on the kubota?

Yes. As is the quality of the implements and their on and off processes. We attribute a lot of that to the fact that Kubota builds their implements where most other companies farm them out. The process of removing the loader \ mower was the same on the NH as Kubota, but it goes better every time you do it on the orange one because the tolerances where better. You can't judge quality on a spec sheet, nor can you really get a sense of it on a message board because everyone tends to defend their purchase decision. The best way to make a decision is to turn off the computer, go to a dealer, kick the tires and go though the steps yourself.

/ JD 1026 vs Kioti CS2410 - 2.5 acres #10  
JMER, I doubt seriously whether Deere will get close to the Kioti. As far as a better deal elsewhere, yes there will always be a better deal or someone "giving" it away which is probably the case here. On those size of tractors, a dealer doesn't even make 1,500 so that sounds questionable of how he's doing that. Which brand is it?
I am a stern supporter of buying local because you WILL need that guy at some point. If I was buying a truck, I don't care if it was 1000 or more cheaper a ways from home, I need my dealer to do my warranty work and to help keep him in business.
In my area, a CS2410 w/ deck and ldr. is @ $13,000.