Buying Advice Need advice....no fanboys

/ Need advice....no fanboys #1  

jhoward

Tractor
Kubota B series
Looking to purchase first tractor. Maintain 7 acres of hilly yard. Been to most the dealers around. Hoping to spend under 20K on a new 25-35 horse SCUT or CUT with FEL and 60" deck. Got a quote on a Kubota 2920 with loaded tires for approx 19500 and will be financing. Still need to look at Kioti? Just too much info to process. These forums have been a great asset in my search.

/ Need advice....no fanboys #2  
First Welcome to TBN. Do you have a Kioti dealer near you? What dealers are with in a 50 mile circle.

/ Need advice....no fanboys
Kioti dealer is within 5 miles...Most other dealers within 40 miles or so. But seeing some pretty large price differences in Kubota dealers located a few hours away???

/ Need advice....no fanboys #4  
What is it you want to do with your tractor?

/ Need advice....no fanboys
Mow about 5 acres....not really a lawn but not a field either. Move dirt and mulch. Possibly use other 3 point attachments. In the future might have more land want to be future proof.

/ Need advice....no fanboys #6  
Looking to purchase first tractor. Maintain 7 acres of hilly yard. Been to most the dealers around. Hoping to spend under 20K on a new 25-35 horse SCUT or CUT with FEL and 60" deck. Got a quote on a Kubota 2920 with loaded tires for approx 19500 and will be financing. Still need to look at Kioti? Just too much info to process. These forums have been a great asset in my search.

Check out all the brands available to you and find the brand, model and deal you like the best, all things considered.

To my eye, that's not a flaming great deal on the 2920... only about 8% off MSRP. People say equipment prices in the northeast are higher than elsewhere, but in other locations, the best deals look like 15% off or so. Maybe another Kub dealer would do better, or the one who gave you that quote would sharpen his pencil if he knew you're shopping around.

/ Need advice....no fanboys #7  
You have come to the right place to find opinions. So here is one more.

If you have 7 acres of, "Not Lawn, but Not Feild" to mow, and you want to "Future Proof", I think you are looking too small. I would be looking at something in the 30-40 HP range. And something medium to large CUT Frame wise. B26/2920 is a pretty small tractor for 7+ acres of land. You may find that you will need to spend a bit more then 20k as well, especially if you are going to add any options to the base package.

Find a dealer that you like and that has a reputation for good service. Service after the sale on a big ticket item is worth possibly having to spend more money with, or even buying a tractor that you may like less then your top pick.

/ Need advice....no fanboys #8  

Take a look at John Deere's 2000 series tractors.

John*Deere 2000 Series Compact Utility Tractors JohnDeere.com

/ Need advice....no fanboys #9  

Look at my #87 post in the thread "Compact 4wd v. larger 2 wd utility. The tractor size in not to small for what your wanting. I maintain 16 acres at my house place, deer hunting property of about 30 acres, a family cemetary, and deer hunting property with the tractor in my sig. If you get to big a tractor for mowing, they can be a pain. You really need a zero turn for mowing and a cut for property maintence. I use mine for both, I used to have a Kubota zero turn, wish I would have kept if for mowing. But it was not finacially feasiable. I would stay with a cut with a hydro and many horsepower you can afford LUTT

/ Need advice....no fanboys #10  
tractorhouse.com

Will be a source of info on what models are for sale and asking prices in those locations......

Good luck........... Be sure to post pictures when you take the plunge.