1982 105 Hsp White with cab and cold air.

/ 1982 105 Hsp White with cab and cold air. #1  

ROYCEWILLARDOKLAHOMA

Bronze Member
Tractor
MX 5100 KUBOTA 2012/
1982 white tractor.jpgwhite tractor2.jpgAre these tractors any good? Are they made here in the USA? Can I get parts for one? Is this something I should stay away from? I know the Dealer and trust him. What Im asking is are these tractors any good around that year? 1982

Last edited:
   / 1982 105 Hsp White with cab and cold air. #2  
A friend of mine bought one new, and as far as I know, they still have it. If it had been a problem child, it would have been long gone. I have heard them to be known as the silver equivalent to a John Deere 4020.

I do believe they were built in Charles City Iowa. Parts should still be available through an AGCO dealer.

That one looks to be well taken care of. A lot depends on the hours... I'd guess 5-6,000 hrs run time, before a major overhaul is needed. That Perkins is a good ole' engine...

/ 1982 105 Hsp White with cab and cold air.
A friend of mine bought one new, and as far as I know, they still have it. If it had been a problem child, it would have been long gone. I have heard them to be known as the silver equivalent to a John Deere 4020.

I do believe they were built in Charles City Iowa. Parts should still be available through an AGCO dealer.

That one looks to be well taken care of. A lot depends on the hours... I'd guess 5-6,000 hrs run time, before a major overhaul is needed. That Perkins is a good ole' engine...

He said It had been gone through and rebuilt 300 hours ago. It sure sounded good and smooth and runs good and shifts good. He said its 105 horsepower. I had it in 5 , slide shifted it in to high range while moving about 10 mile an hour and then showered down on it and it barely even produced any smoke. It just lunged forward and went with it smooth as can be. The cabs tight, air is cold, Tires are good, started quick. I sure liked it, I was going to use it for spraying, discing, and a baler tractor if I buy it. I figure in a snow storm that cabs worth 2000 dollars.

/ 1982 105 Hsp White with cab and cold air. #4  
Weren't they made by GM? Before agco bought them? Seems like I've read that some where? That is a good looking tractor tho! What's the asking price and how many hours are on it?

/ 1982 105 Hsp White with cab and cold air. #5  
White Farm Equipment was the successor to Minneapolis Moline, Oliver, and Cockshutt, which were all purchased by White Motor Co. back in the day. Agco acquired White Farm Equipment in the '90s, and have since discontinued the White tractors, keeping White planters in their current line. That being said, they still provide parts support for the White tractors, primarily through Massey Ferguson dealers.

Weren't they made by GM? Before agco bought them? Seems like I've read that some where? That is a good looking tractor tho! What's the asking price and how many hours are on it?

he will take $8500.00 It was overhauled 300 hours ago. New starter, and better AC unit for the cab. I like how the radiator is so heavy built and easy to keep clean also. I think Im going to buy it. Im realy liking that cab and that perkins motor. And it shift realy smooth.

/ 1982 105 Hsp White with cab and cold air. #7  
I know several row crop farmers that have them around here, mostly they run an auger or a batwing now, some folks still use them as field tractors but most farmers have gone bigger in horsepower and this is the small tractor of the farm. On cattle farms they are still in use quite a bit with a baler and/or conditioner mower They seem to be built pretty solid, no major problems if taken care of and pretty dependable. For $8500 it sounds on the low side but it may just be your area too.

I know several row crop farmers that have them around here, mostly they run an auger or a batwing now, some folks still use them as field tractors but most farmers have gone bigger in horsepower and this is the small tractor of the farm. On cattle farms they are still in use quite a bit with a baler and/or conditioner mower They seem to be built pretty solid, no major problems if taken care of and pretty dependable. For $8500 it sounds on the low side but it may just be your area too.

To me the smaller the better, But I cant run a large round baler with my Compact Kubota. And I also like being in a cab when its raining , snowing, and when im spraying weeds. It seems farmer always want to go bigger though, But with fuel prices, transporting them, ect I just cant see why they need it. If you were in California cutting a thousand of acres of alfalfa each cutting then yes thats a different story lol. I know somebody who does just that, And when he orders a disc it comes on 3 semis, They Run the Big Bud tractors out there in Bakersfield and he has 3 of those, They are incredible in size. Also when you run big equipment soil compaction becomes a problem too. I just need one tractor that I can put under a load, and one thats cheap and dependable, Im hoping this is it. I dont like to finance things lol. I like to pay as I go, That way when its a bad season , Well Ill just go fishing, or hog hunting, or hiking and dont have to worry about making payments.

/ 1982 105 Hsp White with cab and cold air. #9  
Seems to be a good deal for the money imo. I looked at these closely when they first came out and remember liking them alot. I like the spin out rear wheels on that model too.

Lol, Me too man. I think it looks cool. And Im thinking about that Cab and winter time.