Highsmith

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2350DT, BCS 853
Looking to purchase/finance a tractor package. Here is my wish list:

Utility tractor
65 HP or better - will use Cat 2 Implements
4wd - Sandy soil on my place
R1's with tire sealant (lots of thorny mesquites in south Texas)
Auger - Not sure on 3pt or FEL attach
FEL - perhaps 4 in 1
Chisel Plow
brushhog - 10'
Canopy - No cab
Transmission type: not a deal breaker, low on the priority list
enough hydraulics to support my implements
I am not opposed to used equipment in the package to keep the price down as long as good service is guaranteed

Tractor will be used to recover 140 acres of land that used to be pasture but now has become overgrown with mesquite. Support a small cattle operation. Lots of post holes to be dug and shredding to be done.

Brands in my area (San Antonio/Austin) JD, Kubota, Mahindra, Kioti, NH, MF, LS. I am not brand loyal.

/ Tractor Packages #2  
Check out the Mahindra forum here in TBN - Buying/Pricing section. Amstaff is selling his tractor package. I know what that tractor can do as I have a similar setup.

idaho2

/ Tractor Packages #3  
I'd go with a JD5093e for the most bang for the buck, this is Texas so watch the heat and a cab just might be more of a plus. Tractorhouse has some list for what I think good prices. As far as attachments shop around for your best deals.

/ Tractor Packages #4  
your future will be alot of heavy work for a tractor.so if i was you id be looking at kubota 8540 or newer version tractor.an that should give you the power for the work your wanting todo.an id also get hydro shuttle for loader work.

/ Tractor Packages #5  
Unless you perform your own heavy maintenance and repair, a good close dealer is your best bet, whatever brand. Based on your acreage not knowing how it lays or what kind of shape it is, soil type, etc. it is difficult to recommend anything specific. Check the resale value of used tractors in your area by brand, that will tell you a lot about them. Based upon your post of 140 acres some sort of mid-range utility tractor would be your best bet 60-90 HP range. It's a little late in the season now, but farm machinery shows are worth a visit.

Good luck and enjoy the hunt.

/ Tractor Packages #6  
Look at Swinford Equipment we offer packages all sizes by Massey Ferguson, we have over 100 tractors in stock and would be more than happy to help you. ask for Kevin

This place stinks.