Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Default Re: A List of Basic No Frills Tractors

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    I'm amused when people start comparing tractors based on the style of the grill.
    My grill comment was just a joke

Tractor
    John Deere 5045E

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    My grill comment was just a joke
    You just reminded me of the Massey video where the narrator made a point about their grills being stylish and in keeping with the "family theme". I thought that was a poor argument to make comparing tractor quality by a manufacturer. If that's the big difference there is no difference. If you care about the looks of the grill that's up to you. It's your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Notforhire View Post
    So your saying neigh, to my suggestion? OK I don't think they will qualify for tier IV emissions anyway.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by Notforhire View Post
    Now, if you really want basic; This model has been production for a long time.Attachment 306161

Bill
    Don't stand too close behind that thing in case it backfires!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2001 New Holland TN70,2003 John Deere 250 Series II skidsteer,1987 John Deere 2155,2013 John Deere 5055E MFWD,2007 Duramax 4x4 truck, 1973 MF 165,Artic Cat 550 Cougar sled

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    You just reminded me of the Massey video where the narrator made a point about their grills being stylish and in keeping with the "family theme". I thought that was a poor argument to make comparing tractor quality by a manufacturer. If that's the big difference there is no difference. If you care about the looks of the grill that's up to you. It's your money.
    I actually like the basic look of the New Holland in the video they make fun of. It's the same basic style mine has. It's the rounded off hoods on some of the New Hollands I am not that fond of. I'm like you. Quality, reliable, ease of service, resale, and dealer support comes first for me but I must admit looks do help sale tractors like anything else. I must admit I love the looks of the hoods on the new Massey tractors. Allot of the foreign not so well known brands have adopted allot of the more American styling in my opinion. I can remember years ago how people would talk about some of the colors, fit, finish, and styling of the foreign brands they could not stand. As been pointed out most of your even name brand tractors are out sourced these days. From what I understand it is because the USA uses more big machines than most countries and the other countries focus on the smaller machines because that is what is used there. I have always like the looks of the kubota, and the Kioti tractors. I know some people use to hate the looks of some of the lime green Deutz Allis tractors. I always liked them too.

Tractor
    Kubota L2350DT, BCS 853

Thanks again to all. The point of the question is because I can't afford everything I want and I needed a plan to get what I need. I can't afford that either. So the plan must change. I will now look for a used tractor which will allow me to afford implements and attachments. I have a local dealer that will call when something comes in that meets my requirements and fits my budget. I am amused by the fact that 5 pages of responses can be generated by such an inoffensive question. Such is the nature of the TBN community, no doubt.
    For those who care, I would love a Ford 7610 for $8000 or less. I would put an auction sourced batwing shredder behind it, follow that with a chisel plow to maintain a mesquite free pasture. I also will get a PHD to build fence for my future steer operation. Good times.
    Best Regards,
    Highsmith

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Can you buy a 7610 for < $8,000? That seems like a very low number for one with any life left in it.

Those are some nice older tractors.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2001 New Holland TN70,2003 John Deere 250 Series II skidsteer,1987 John Deere 2155,2013 John Deere 5055E MFWD,2007 Duramax 4x4 truck, 1973 MF 165,Artic Cat 550 Cougar sled

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    Can you buy a 7610 for < $8,000? That seems like a very low number for one with any life left in it.

Those are some nice older tractors.
    A 7610 is a good machine but I doubt you can get one for $8,000.00

Tractor
    Kubota L2350DT, BCS 853

I based my number on this 7710 I found on Tractorhouse, but it is the only one under $10k. Most are around $15K. But $13-$15k is still something I can do and still have room implements.
    [URL="http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7493735"]
    Best Regards,
    Highsmith

Tractor
    Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew

Quote Originally Posted by Highsmith View Post
    Thanks again to all. The point of the question is because I can't afford everything I want and I needed a plan to get what I need. I can't afford that either. So the plan must change. I will now look for a used tractor which will allow me to afford implements and attachments. I have a local dealer that will call when something comes in that meets my requirements and fits my budget. I am amused by the fact that 5 pages of responses can be generated by such an inoffensive question. Such is the nature of the TBN community, no doubt.
    For those who care, I would love a Ford 7610 for $8000 or less. I would put an auction sourced batwing shredder behind it, follow that with a chisel plow to maintain a mesquite free pasture. I also will get a PHD to build fence for my future steer operation. Good times.
    That is what I done, picked up mine with less than a 1000hrs. I saved quite a bit of money for my implements. I got new old stock Bush hog brand bush hog and finish mower that they couldnt sell because of a little sun fade. My boxblade was the same. Also helped that the dealer was phasing out bush hog brand attatchments. They are a kubota dealer and sell Land pride. LUTT

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast