A List of Basic No Frills Tractors

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #1  

Highsmith

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2350DT, BCS 853
Some manufacturers have their Bare Bones Models such as the New Holland Workmaster. My eyes are maxed out on internet surfing looking at all the different tractor sites and would appreciate an incomplete list of stripped down tractors from one of the TBN Subject Matter Experts. Thank you.

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #2  
Kubota has the SU models.

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #4  
Some manufacturers have their Bare Bones Models such as the New Holland Workmaster. My eyes are maxed out on internet surfing looking at all the different tractor sites and would appreciate an incomplete list of stripped down tractors from one of the TBN Subject Matter Experts. Thank you.

I'm trying to figure out why you want a stripped down tractor. I get that money is the most logical answer, but there are lots of sizes, with lots of features at many price points.

I just bought a tractor. It will probably be my last tractor. It's waaaaay more important to me that this tractor can do the things I need it to do, rather than it's the best price.

I hope you take some time to really think about what the tractor's job will be and look for something that has the features you need to do those things. Once you write the cheque, its too late...just sayin'.

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #5  
I just bought a basic 4wd Farmall 95. The only fancy item is that it's a cab model. I bought it purely for functionality with weight and hp being primary consideration.

To get good advice, I think you need to specify which what you are going to do or what hp and size you need.

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #6  
I hope you take some time to really think about what the tractor's job will be and look for something that has the features you need to do those things. Once you write the cheque, its too late...just sayin'.

I agree. I'd rather buy a nice used tractor than a stripped down new one.

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #7  
I agree. I'd rather buy a nice used tractor than a stripped down new one.

I agree with this too. Lots of what some new buyers think are frills are things that enable you to be more productive. Working in the heat all day wears on you and breathing lots of dust will cause long term respiratory problems a cab can help with that. Being miserable all day doesn't make you more money. Same is true for good transmissions and other features that help you do a better job faster.

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #8  

Don't know precisely what you mean by "stripped down".

My 2008 Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, partially synchronized gear tranny 8F/2R, triple rear remote hydraulics) is a pretty basic tractor. It's a simple, heavy beast--5200 lb without loaded rear tires. Add the FEL and loaded rears and the weight gets up to the 6500+ lb range. Cost: new about $19K including the FEL and skid steer quick attach on the FEL bucket. You gets what you pay for ;).

Remotes 5525-1.JPGRemotes 5525-2.JPGWheel disc-4.JPG

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #9  
Flusher,
That is a nice tractor for the money and a good choice imo. Enough weight to get something done along with the triple hydraullics on the rear. As you know already though the triple hydaulics isn't bare bones. You are in a location with nice weather to boot and a cooler climate in the summer, the OP is about 400 miles south in latitude and inland. Expect much higher temperatures there.

/ A List of Basic No Frills Tractors #10  
John Deere has the 5000 series Ds 2 wheel drive and Es 4 wheel drive. 9f -3r gear open station with one rear hydo hookup 2nd one optional and recomended. A lot of tractor for the money I like my 5045E as much as anything I've ever bought.
070712085235tractorview.jpg