Buying Advice L35 Advise needed

/ L35 Advise needed #1  

Inland NW Implement

Tractor
L2250
I am looking at upgrading tractors to a L35 with backhoe, loader, brush hog and it also has 2 post augers. I will be looking at it in a couple of days. Can you guys please give me advise as to what I should look for when looking at this. I have been told it is around a 1996 and has approximately 200 hours. I believe it has a cover but it is not enclosed. It comes with a trailer as well. What type of price can I expect to pay since we have not really nailed down a price yet.

I currently have a 1988 L2250 with 1270 hours. I will be selling this with a John Deere 5' brush hog. What would be fair market value and what could I expect to get for it? It is in good condition with no problems at all. It is 4 wheel drive and has a loader.

Thanks, INI

Last edited:
   / L35 Advise needed #2  
My L35 was advertised for $17,000 and I offered $16,000 and he accepted. It had about 350 hrs on it and was in great condition. This was just the tractor, loader, and backhoe.... No other attachments.

/ L35 Advise needed #3  
Good tractor. I would question the 200 hours though. That is 17 hours per year, just don't sound right.

MarkV

/ L35 Advise needed
I know the family and it has been used very little. It has been borrowed by other family members and will confirm the hours today. It is sitting on a nice tilt bed trailer. I want to put 2 culverts on our property and do a home addition this year. I am in hopes that the bucket is a 2' bucket. I have been very pleased with my little L2250 and am hoping that the L35 will be just as impressive and that it has enough umph to do my digging projects.

I will post more later today when I find out specifics.

thank for the replies.
tom

/ L35 Advise needed #6  
Not sure of the current market value but if you can get a 1996 L35 with 200 hours and you know those are the true hours, go for it. That is a great find. You might have a 2' bucket on it but I would think an 18" one is more likely. That isn't a big deal. It will have a cover, or FOPS, as it is referred to in the industry. That stands for 'Falling Object Protection System', it will consist of a 4 point roll cage with a canopy top.

MarkV

/ L35 Advise needed #7  
You know sometimes having low hours is not good, was it maintained.

/ L35 Advise needed #8  
Tom,

Hello neighbor,:thumbsup: just south of you about 2 miles and welcome to TBN . Look at tractorhouse.com - I just saw an L35 for 26K+. An L2250, 894 hrs, FEL & BH going for $9900.00. Being that you know the family and some history of the tractor and implements you can't go wrong. Do they have any service records on it. If you do get it be sure to check the lube level in the phd and brushhog before using them. What size trailer is this deal including.

idaho2

/ L35 Advise needed
Hello to all and my neighbor. Small world.

Well I was wrong about the hours. The L35 has 662 hours. I made the purchase that includes a nice tilt bed trailer, post hole digger and brush hog. The tractor is in excellent condition. It does not have a quick attach or rear remotes. I will be adding both of them and working lights too. I will be picking it up this weekend and putting the L2250 on the market. My little 2250 has 1265 hours on it and is a 1988 and will be selling it with a set of pallet forks and a brush hog.

Thanks for the advise.

/ L35 Advise needed #10  
Did you get the 3point arms? Make sure to check the front axle oil level also.