Buying Advice How long to wait?

/ How long to wait? #1  

drsick53

Tractor
Case 30b
I'm new to all of this. If a person goes to a dealer and buys a tractor with a backhoe attachment, how long should he expect it to take for them to have it ready? How long is too long?
Thanks,
Don

/ How long to wait? #2  
:welcome: to TBN is it in stock?

/ How long to wait? #3  
To many variables without knowing more. Like Murph asked, is this in stock, being ordered, dealer trade? Is the tractor there, but waiting for the hoe?

Please give us some more info.

/ How long to wait? #5  
:welcome: aboard!

How long has it been. 2 - 4 weeks is not long for hoe order, but much longer, I would be concerned the dealer is holding off to build a large order to save shipping.

/ How long to wait? #6  
When I got my little JD years ago they delivered it with the mower deck. They picked up the tractor a while later to install the loader and returned it. That was 16 or more years ago so my recollection is fuzzy. So think a different way. UPS will ship in 5-7 days from almost anywhere in the continental states. From one edge of the country to the other takes a freight truck to drive in how many days? Two weeks seems long enough assuming the distribution point has inventory. My loader happened to be made in Canada which probably means nothing. What does mean something is if there is some sort of manufacturing delay. Say they are make model Y for a week, model Z the next week and your model P is not on the production list for a month. Or someone did not pay his bill so the distributor will not ship your backhoe.

/ How long to wait? #7  
2-3 Weeks including installation. Assuming the factory has one, usually 2-3 days to process the order & get it on a truck, 2-4 days transportation. Then 2-4 days prep/delivery time. Take out for weekends and Holidays. That's assuming it was ordered special, LTL shipment. If it was ordered on a big load, much longer probably. Usually the Manufature is picking up the freight tab, so they hold off for the cheapest way to ship.

/ How long to wait?
So I gather that 65 days and counting is a tad long to wait. I was wondering if I was being a little impatient or not.

/ How long to wait? #9  
No, that is too long.

/ How long to wait? #10  
If I couldn't gather seat time for 65 days, I'd go nuts! What has the dealer said is the problem?