Price Check best skid steer under 30k

/ best skid steer under 30k #2  
It's not going to be a big one if you're talking new. I bought a used one near the end of last summer. I got the original paperwork from when it was purchased new in August 2008. It's a Bobcat S185. 61 HP Kubota turbo, heat/AC, power Bob Tach and deluxe instrument panel. With 68" bucket it was $27,900 before sales tax.
When I bought it had 1200 hours on it. I have a friend who is parts manager at the local Bobcat where the machine was purchased new. He pulled up the records and told me that the machine had never had a service issue. He knew the owner to take good care of his equipment. I paid $17,500. Hope this gives you at least some idea.

/ best skid steer under 30k #3  
Agreed. There are good used deals out there, but you aren't going to buy much new for that amount of money. A skidsteer is an expensive piece of equipment, to purchase and to own.
I have an older Bobcat 743, and it is plain and simple, but it still isn't cheap. I couldn't justify it if it were newer, with more expensive parts and electronics.

/ best skid steer under 30k #4  
After doing mechanic work on quite a few of the bigger name brands of skid steers in the rental business for me it would have to be a GEHL. We had way less problems out of them than the other brands.

/ best skid steer under 30k #5  
corvette kevin said:
What is the best i can buy for that money.

If you are looking for something brand new for 25k you can get a bobcat s100. It has the 35hp kubota diesel. Full hydraulics it may be too small for you though.

/ best skid steer under 30k #6  
new holland L218 right at or under $30 new...got them on the yard

/ best skid steer under 30k #7  
My Brother bought a 4 year old, 2100hr Bobcat T300 with 84" Low Pro Tooth bucket, new rubber tracks for $30,000.

/ best skid steer under 30k #8  
A new S130 is $28k. I bought a good low hour 753 for less than a third of that with two buckets and factory cab.