Buying Advice advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other?

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #21  
I don't know what type of bales you want, round or square, and what type of mower/haybine ect. you need to power. I think you may be looking at a utility size machine with some HP and weight.
Make sure you mention all the tasks you want to do, to your dealer.
I tend to agree with the members who suggest that you rent or hire out jobs that are a one time thing. I would love to own a backhoe, but I would have used it only three times in the last ten years. Much better for me to find another way, than to have a $10,000 attachment sitting outdoors on standby.

Bill

When you own your backhoe you find a reason to use it.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #22  
When you own your backhoe you find a reason to use it.

Each to his own. Last year, I dug a trench for an electric line with a stump bucket that cost $5oo. A mini X would have been better, but I still got the job done.
About twenty years ago I had a Ford 655a TLB. When I finished the work I had to do, I sold it.
The number of times I wished I still had it, I can count on one hand.

Bill

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #23  
Each to his own. Last year, I dug a trench for an electric line with a stump bucket that cost $5oo. A mini X would have been better, but I still got the job done.
About twenty years ago I had a Ford 655a TLB. When I finished the work I had to do, I sold it.
The number of times I wished I still had it, I can count on one hand.

Bill

I had the dough so I bought it, its mine its there when I need it.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other?
with reading all the advice my list of things to check and ask is growing (a good thing). Another questions for you folks ..Can you rent the back hoe attachment and or other attachments ? where would you look to rent? dealers or others ? maybe rental places... if so it is sounding wise to invest that savings in to the tractor and extra implements more bang for the buck... also as for a trailer i was thinking i need one for if or when i may need to take the tractor in to the shop , i don't know anyone with a trailer to rent or barrow and haven't seen any place with that type of trailer for rentals ..Also i was thinking it would work for other small projects one always comes a cross that the truck just wont work.. though that's reaching a bit i know ..more worried about if an when i need to transport the tractor... thoughts ya'll ??? if i can rent the back hoe attachment and or trailer will make big buying difference ..tks guys peanutbob

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #25  
Even if you could rent the backhoe attachment by itself, you wouldn't want to. You would be introducing someone else's oil into your hydraulic system...........and you have no clue what's in theirs.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #26  
Even if you could rent the backhoe attachment by itself, you wouldn't want to. You would be introducing someone else's oil into your hydraulic system...........and you have no clue what's in theirs.

Definately agree with Don on this.

While I prefer to have my own backhoe as a homeowner you really have to decide how practical it is for your needs. If money is a concern I would make sure I was getting the optimum sized tractor and most useful attachments first.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #27  
Peanutbob,

If your need for a trailer is primarily for servicing the tractor just negotiate with the dealer for the first two services usually around 50 then 300-400 hours for most makes are the main service intervals.

These maintenace services rough cost is about $300-400 with all the fluids and filters changed by the dealer. You can do it yourself and save $200 or so.

Most of the machines you are looking at are reliable and some have a 4 year warranty - some include pickup/transport for warranty some do not - that is the discretion of the dealer I believe in most cases.

All good advice on your selection so far, and it seems like a 35-45HP HST, QA FEL, Grapple, brush hog/cutter, and box blade or rear blade - get a hyd rear blade for trenching etc is a package that would serve you well.

Getting all the attachments with the purchase should yield a better package price as well.

good luck in your search.

Carl

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #28  
Peanutbob,

When it comes to the backhoe work, you would rent a mini excavator. I would not want to put a rental backhoe on my tractor. Around my way they go for 200 to 300 per day and on the weekend you get a free day. When it comes to the trailer, most dealerships will come out to your place and fix the problem and if they can't fix it they trailer it to the shop and bring it back. I personally like that I have my own trailer but find it parked for most of its life since I do not use the tractor commercially. My 2 cents good luck.

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #29  
Peanutbob,

You have received, some great info from these guys, notwithstanding any brand bias, but if you are really going to clear more acreage in the future, I would definately include a sub-frame mounted backhoe. Pulling stumps, moving rocks, ditching work, theres no end to its usefulness.

We have acreage as well, and my hoe goes on in April, and comes off when the snow flies. It gets used for many things, just because its there. Making it part of the package, will get you the best price.

My :2cents: worth! (if you had everyones two cents, you could probably buy the hoe) :laughing::laughing:

/ advise on1st tractor.. buying new. Deere/kubota tx. or other? #30  
Peanutbob,

You have received, some great info from these guys, notwithstanding any brand bias, but if you are really going to clear more acreage in the future, I would definately include a sub-frame mounted backhoe. Pulling stumps, moving rocks, ditching work, theres no end to its usefulness.

We have acreage as well, and my hoe goes on in April, and comes off when the snow flies. It gets used for many things, just because its there. Making it part of the package, will get you the best price.

My :2cents: worth! (if you had everyones two cents, you could probably buy the hoe) :laughing::laughing: