Dealer A bit of a dilemma

/ A bit of a dilemma #11  
It is my opinion that you owe him "ZIP, NOTHING". If it were me, and I am seriously stating this forthcoming comment, I would sit in his Office until he gave me $250.00 which is HALF of the $500.00 that you previously stated that he listed it for above your bottom line price. Yes, I would definitely do this personally. Do what you think is best. You owe him no respect. Best wishes.

/ A bit of a dilemma #12  
I don't have an opinion on this because I was not there. The problem I see is some people forming opinions on this sale without being an actual participant who is/was present for all that transpired. The dealer evidently had a buyer, sold the tractor and paid the seller what he expected. Sounds like everyone came out decent anyway.

The OP can buy the tractor he wants and hope he is happy with it.

/ A bit of a dilemma
Here she is...all tied down and ready for the ride home.

image-1142469894.jpg

/ A bit of a dilemma #15  
Yeah you can't criticize the dealer for asking $500 over your asking price. Has anyone ever gone on craigslist and actually offered the asking price? I never offer more than 10% under the asking price! That is why it is an "asking" price. By offering less, you are taking a risk that no one else will offer more...
I think the dealer acted hastily thinking he might get two sales out of it, and that you would be guilt tripped into buying from him.. But either way I think you both made out OK.
Congrats on the new tractor!
Jonathan

/ A bit of a dilemma #17  
Tied down where , the rubber band on the front ?

Whats wrong with a 10k lb. rated rubber band. Should of had another one in the back. Besides the rubber band won't hurt the paint.
Congrats on your new ride!!!:thumbsup:

/ A bit of a dilemma #18  
Most dealerships don't have a paid sales staff working for free. And, driving out and picking up the tractor too.
A $500 markup on a several thousand tractor isn't much to shake a stick at.
And, you don't know exactly what it sold for.

Never trust a used car dealer that says they have a cousin that is looking for exactly what you are selling.

What I find a little odd is that the dealer didn't pay for the tractor when he brought it to his lot, nor did he have some kind of a written comission agreement. Perhaps he was expecting you to buy the Massey, but apparently didn't have a contract for that either.

What gets me is when I see something like this.
LANDINI 6560F on Craigslist for $4500
65hp tractor
Searching for details on the tractor, I found the SAME TRACTOR sold for auction 3 months ago for $700.
http://www.auctiontime.com/OnlineAuctions/Details.aspx?OHID=7314061&lp=th
Obviously someone thinks a 6x markup is a good idea.