Has there been any Recalls on any tractors models?

/ Has there been any Recalls on any tractors models? #1  

JohnBoy45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800DT
Hi, I would like to know if there has been any recalls on any Tractor ever made?

Thanks, Terry43

/ Has there been any Recalls on any tractors models? #2  
Yes.. when I bought my TC35D w/ SS in 2000.. some owners reported a problem w/ the Hydrostatic popping out of gear when handling a load going down a slope. I never had this problem.. and I was hauling loads up & down slopes continuosly.. but I would always use the low low gear.. go slow.. and be locked in 4WD as per NH specs. It wasn't until I got a pinhole hydraulic leak on the metal hydraulic line that runs on top of the tractor's transmission.. that I decided to have the recall work done at that time as well. Since they had to take the tractor apart to get to the hydraulic line anyway.. the recall work I believe entailed splitting the tractor apart to install a tougher spring latch.

I've also had the NH dealership come to my farm to test ride the TC35D.. to help compare or debug problems other owners have had.

All the above work.. plus a new engine, radiator, battery(another story).. where all done under warrenty. W/ the problems some TBN'rs have had w/ dealerships and warrenties.. I have to give my dealership "Ceresville New Holland Inc" in Frederick, MD a big 10 for customer satisfaction. I def. will be kicking the tires in their lot when I go to purchase my next tractor.

/ Has there been any Recalls on any tractors models? #3  
You can find all US government mandated recalls here...

Consumer Product Safety

I looked at Kubota (none), New Holland (none), and John Deere (a few on lawn tractors), but I didn't do an in-depth job. You should be able to find out any info you need on the site.

/ Has there been any Recalls on any tractors models? #4  
There have been plenty of recalls. Not all of them are government mandated. On my Kubota they did a "recall" because there was an issue with the hydraulic pump being starved for fluid on startup. The "solution" was to provide a recall notice that told me about the problem and they also gave me a sticker to put on the dash that in essence says, "hold the clutch pedal down for 30 seconds on cold startup".

Kind of a hoaky "fix", but they told me about the problem and so now I won't damage my hydraulic pump becase of ignorance. They could have just "not mentioned it" and I'd be blissfully ignorant of damaging my pump, which'd be a pretty expensive repair I'd imagine.

/ Has there been any Recalls on any tractors models? #5  
There are quite a few silent recalls going on continually. Most of these are FAF (Fix As Fail)silent recalls that you never hear of unless you have the problem. These types of recalls are never mentioned to the public. Some companies call them "updates"!!