Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice

/ Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice #1  

Deere Toyz

Tractor
Deere 2520
Hi Everyone-I am new to the forum,but have enjoyed reading and learning from it quite a bit. I am moving up to a new Deere 2520 after a great experience owning and using my 2210, and all of your posts have been highly educational. I really want to thank you all for that. I will provide an honest comparison of the 2210/2520 after I put the 2520 to use. I have to say, the 2210 did everything i ever asked her to do well.

Here is the dilemma I am in. The listings for my 2210 with loader and 62C deck in Iron search, US farmer, Fastline and Yakaz are between an average of $10,500 up to about 13K. I know that is what is being asked and not necessarily what a buyer will pay. Just the tractor seems to be around 7 to $7,500. The tractor with one implement-the asking prices seem to be around $8 to 9,000. Mine includes both loader, deck and the Quick tatch units, drive and hydraulics for the blower and articulated plow blade.(Blower and plow not included). The tractor is garaged, clean and "newish" looking with about 750 hours on it(3 hrs grass cutting weekly in season, mulching, snow work, processed driveway grading and moving firewood). the tractor has never left my property.

An older gentleman offered me $7500 as is. The dealer trade in is about the same, but the dealer will have to go through the machine, service it, etc. before resale at presumably some profit. The dealer was going to ask 9 or so on resale. If I take the $7,500 "As Is" from the older gentleman, am I selling at below a fair price? I would like to help him out as he seems like a nice guy, but do not wan't to be foolish.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

/ Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice #2  
Deere Toyz,
When i was looking for a tractor i could find nothing in good shape for 7500. Only tractors in that price range was junk with high hours. With that being said it all comes down to what you want for it. It wouldn't hurt to list it on craigslist or on ebay to see if you can get more for it i would say around 10k would be a good starting point. I don't think a dealer would take a tractor in, service it, and warranty it for only a 1500 dollar turn around. I am sure you'll get some more ideas from other members on here. Why don't you take a look at what you can get for 7500. I don't think you will find much.
Just a side note if you haven't purchased the 2520 yet take a look at the yanmars twin tractor for less dough.
Good Luck

/ Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice #3  
Something to also keep in mind, is sales tax. In many states, a trade in will reduce the amount of sales you will pay on the new tractor. If you sell the used tractor yourself, you may end up paying a lot more in sales tax when you buy the new one.

/ Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice #4  
I agree, list it on Craigslist. Tractors like that are hard to find with low hours. I bought mine of Craigslist and drove 6 hours round trip to get it. Guys love those little 4WD JD tractors for deer food plots.

Another good place to look for a price is MachineFinder.com. It's run by JD. Chevy is also correct when he mentioned the sales tax issue. That's why so many guys trade in their used trucks when buying new. You trade in a $20,000 truck on a $35,000 truck, you only pay sales tax on the $15,000 difference.

I think you could list it for $10,750 OBO and you'll get $10,000 if it's as nice as it sounds. Good luck!!

/ Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice #5  
:welcome:to TBN

/ Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice
Thanks Builder, Chevy and Murph-I guess I wanted to help the older fellow out, but the more I thought about it I need to be fair to myself. I think I will discuss my thoughts with both the dealer and prospective buyer and see if there is room to negotiate reasonably. The dealer did mention the tax advantage to the trade in so i do have to factor that in. I have a Yanmar dealer very close by and they are great guys, so I should just take a peak.

I started with an old 322, pulled the body and restored and repainted eveything/redecaled it; stayed green with the 2210, but was oh so close to orange back then; and. now you want me to cheat on a good 'ole 2250 for a fancy yellow and black beauty? Tempting. . . . . But, it would feel like going to a strip club. Just like my true Lady friend, the next time I tried ride the green lady it would be a rough on to say the least!

I'll try to keep all posted, but I am often away from computers so it may be hard to reply. Speaking of Lady friends mine expects her call right about now, and she was raised in Missouri and is all about tractors!

Thanks, guys.

Hi wsp-These are all sound points that I have to consider. I have never tried Craig's list, so it is a bit of an unknown for me. I think it is clear however, I need to be a bit fairer to myself in setting a price that even the eventual buyer will say they got a good deal. I think around $8,750 is about right. This way, if it needs some work it can be done and still be a square deal all around. I'll see waht happens and will follow with updates.

/ Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice #8  
Tractorhouse.com also has tons of listings.

/ Tradiing in 2003 Deere 2210 for 2520-Need Advice #9  
Deere Toyz, I am sure the lady would understand, you could take a nice vacation with the money you end up saving, now that she would love.:thumbsup:. What the real problem is here and you have to admit your name has got to go. I think bumble bee would be a good one.:cool2:. All joking aside give them a real good look i am sure you won't be disappointed.:drink:

Deere Toyz, I am sure the lady would understand, you could take a nice vacation with the money you end up saving, now that she would love.:thumbsup:. What the real problem is here and you have to admit your name has got to go. I think bumble bee would be a good one.:cool2:. All joking aside give them a real good look i am sure you won't be disappointed.:drink:

If a Yanmar were in the barn, I might go with "3 horse diesel dirt devil"! I may take a peak today or tomorrw.