anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors?

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #1  

ckm351

Tractor
looking for 1st tractor
been reading up on the Branson 2800. 28 hp ,4x4 with FEL quoted at $12750. It has a 28hp turbo charged engine (was told it was unbranded cummins) ,and come with 4 year warranty. I just do not see many reviews about them. Anybody have experience with them? I just want something to bush hog , and box scrape with , and in the future maybe a finish mower.

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #2  
My two cents but I have driven them and looked them over and really like the way there put together.I have a friend that worked in a dealership and swears by them.And for 13 g it can't be beat.

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #3  
I just bought the Branson 3520R. Last night was the first time I gave it a good work out using a stump bucket to remove a large stump. It did a really good job, except the rear was to light, even with my boxblade attached. Guess I'll be filling my rear tires or adding weight to my box blade. I did a lot of research before buying, and found mostly all positive comments.

There is a Branson owner thread you can visit and hear the comments of other Branson owners.

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #4  
I purchased the 2400H last fall and have only about 30 hrs on it. I also got the MMM and heavy 1200X FEL. I have had three warranty problems with it and they have all been handled quickly with no problems.

1) Steering unit was bad and this was changed before I purchased the tractor.
2) Front axle input bearings failed causing the front wheels to lock. Suspect improper assembly preload on the bearings.
3) Safety switch on the clutch froze in cold weather. This switch sits vertical os moisture can seep in around the wires.

Yes the engines are a division of Cummins.
Other attachments are: 4' foot bush hog that I use for mowing grass and a 5' box blade and a 6' 8" frame mount snow plow

I would not hesitate to buy another one. Just note: These are like all CUT's, you will need to add ballast on the rear to use the loader for any serious dirt moving or heavy lifting.

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #5  
The tractors look solid, but the dealer network is small. If your local dealer folds or gives up the line, how far do you have to go to the next closest dealer? I would recommend the Korea or Japan Mahindra models or Kioti just for the dealer network.

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #6  
i was checking out the branson 28hp i ended up going with a mahindra 2816hst just because of the bigger size frame but if you do your homework and put other brands side by side you will find that banson is heavier longer and wider than most 28hp tractors it was a tough decision for me.i really liked the cumming turbo engine but in the end i ended getting a new 2816hst with a loader backhoe thumb and loaded tires for 18600 so i went with that but branson was my next choice ENJOY

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #7  
I purchased a 2810 in 2005 in found I needed a heavier duty tractor. So I traded in the 2005 on my 2006 4220i. It's been a good tractor with the exception of so many plastic parts like the gas tank, front grill n lights with unprotected wires that get ripped off with a twig from a tree. This is the ONLY farm tractor I've ever owned n there is a lot of plastic on it. I have put mine to HARD use clearing 7 acres of very thick brush. The fuel line connection on mine is where anything can hang on it underneath n pull it apart...I lost a lot of fuel until I installed a metal plate underneath to protect the fuel line, gas tank, hydraulic filter, n hydraulic lines. The cummins engine is probably unbranded, afterall this is a KOREAN made tractor. I bought this tractor because I needed one and a cousin was a dealer who was having financial problems. Of course he still went out of business n there is no where I can get it serviced or get parts. IF I HAD A REDO BUTTON, I would look at a Kubota, Kioti, or John Deere. I definitely would suggest the front bucket, along with other accessories you may need. The front bucket is a life saver on loading n unloading n moving dirt.

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #8  
There are three things when buying a tractor not to forget
Dealers close by
Dealer you can trust
History of stocked parts going back on all models many years.

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #9  
I'm not to familiar with the Branson or any of the other Korean built tractor. But i'm sure they all have their good and bad points, for instance the Romanian built
Long was a well built and dependable tractor, so it has been said, and parts can be had very easily to this day, even though the company is no longer in business.

My point is why buy a brand new foreign tractor that will depreciate in value very quickly and the chance of parts becoming unavailable should the company go
out of business, unless you are lucky as with the Long tractor.

There are so many used domestic tractors available at half the price and no worries about parts. I know we all like the feel and smell of a new vehicle be it
truck,car or tractor, however as soon as you drive it off the lot it depreciates at least 20 percent.

I always try to buy American, it's good for our economy and they are much better quality wise. I know a lot of the domestics are built outside the country or at
least some of the parts are. But they are still American for the most part John Deere and Ford tractors are still working on farms that are 50 and 60 years old
or more and get the job done very well.

I must admit I am a fan of the older tractors and would not consider anything else. So you can say I'm bias and I admit it, but to work these old tractors
of this vintage says something for American workmanship, and they have p/s , remotes and most of what the new tractors have, what else can you ask for.

/ anyone have opinions on Branson Tractors? #10  
the bransons i looked at had a cummings turbo which in my eyes is better than any kubota deere kioti ford ect dont fall for the big 3 thing a lot of people throw away a lot of extra money for a lessor tractor just to say they have a kubota deere and so on if it fits you and the price is right then buy it i think you will find it will work circles around the same size kubota or jd