Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Northern MN
    Deere 3720 Cab

Default Re: trading up to JD3720 need some advice

Congrats on the tractor buy. You should enjoy it. I think the cutting edge comes with the bucket, mine looks to be factory installed. Where in S WI are you from? I grew up in Ozaukee County. Go Pack !

I have yet to run into any weight related problems with the SSQA, and as posted before the skid-steer carrier is not much more metal than the Deere QA. I have not used my 72" bucket for dirt or gravel yet; I have only used it for snow so far. Based on Deere's volume specs, the 300cx could not/would struggle to lift a heaped 72" foundry bucket of dirt or gravel to max height, even if the bucket weighed half of what it does. I use my 60" New Holland bucket for dirt work and I can still lift that to full height when heaped full of black dirt. That ends up being plenty of weight, I feel it is about enough with loaded tires and either the hoe or a 1000# box blade for ballast.

The JD Worksite Pro bucket is probably around 150+ pounds heavier than my 60" bucket. I can push the NH bucket around the shop floor by myself, not so with the 72". That is one deep and well constructed bucket, over kill for a compact tractor, but very nice. I'll be using it mostly for snow, mulch, debris, and other loose materials, so the weight is a non-issue for me.

Southern, WI
    JD 2720

Default Re: trading up to JD3720 need some advice

Brodhead area in Rock county. I've got 40 acres in Richland county, that's where I'll be working the 3720 the hardest ;-) Snow and mowing at home also.
    JD 3720, rimguard in rear tires, 300CX loader, JD 72" foundry bucket w/bolt on cutting edge and tooth bar, 72" MMM, MX5 Rotary Cutter, i-match, King Kutter 72" Tiller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12