trading up to JD3720 need some advice

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice #1  

3500srw

Tractor
JD 3720
Im getting the 3720, I prefer it for my needs over the 4x20 series for now! I think the Yanmar is a better engine from what friends that have a 3720 say over the Deere 4cyl in the 4x20's.

I am getting the 300cx loader. What bucket is standard? What bucket should I get? HD bucket any better, really? Are there any other options to consider with the loader?

MMM 7 iron 60" or 72" not sure yet....leaning towards the 72 though?

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice #2  
You'll want the 72mmm so its footprint is wider than the tractor. Loader I went with the 73" because I move snow dirt and other things of that sort if you want to dig get the 60" bucket.

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice #3  
Consider getting the skid-steer quick attach for the 300CX. That will open up a wide variety of new and used attachments for you. Very few aftermarket attachments come with JD quick attach. That's what I did with mine, and I use a 72" JD Worksite Pro "foundry" bucket and a 60" New Holland bucket that I welded a SSQA plate to.

Go with the bigger mower, I run a 72" RFM and am looking for an 84".

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice #4  
Get the HD bucket. There really is a DIFFERENCE! The top and sides of the bucket are reinforced and won't deform and bend the way a standard duty bucket will.

What is your property like... hills and lots of trees and other "landscaping obstacles"?

If the answer is yes - then, the MMM is a good investment. If not, you might be very pleasantly surprised with a larger RFM. With the i-match and the adjustable rear wheels, the cut is generally very good and has a reduced tendency to "scalp".

AKfish

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice
Thanks guys

I've got lots of obstacles, for sure! Lol. I'm going with the 72 mmm. I'm going to be using the bucket for snow and some gravel/dirt.. I better get the HD 73" bucket.

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice #6  
I have the 72 mmm. Almost got the 60 but sure glad I didn't. Once it is done it can't be undone for a long time becuase of the price

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice #7  
Good choice with the 73" bucket. I would have really regretted the 60" because its not as wide as the tractors footprint. I might pick up a small bucket maybe the 54" with toothbar for digging from time to time but for materials moving love the 73"
Just make sure to have ballest full bucket of dirt of gravel is pretty heavy.

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice #8  
I'm looking at a 3520 myself. AKfish suggested the skid steer attachments as dkhntr04 does above using his 3720. The local dealer voiced his concern about the skid steer attachments being significantly heaver as to limit useful lifting capacity of the 300CX.

Have you had any performance issues using the heavier buckets? Is the local guy just trying to make sure I've got to go back to get JD attachment stuff?

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice #9  
I'm looking at a 3520 myself. AKfish suggested the skid steer attachments as dkhntr04 does above using his 3720. The local dealer voiced his concern about the skid steer attachments being significantly heaver as to limit useful lifting capacity of the 300CX.

Have you had any performance issues using the heavier buckets? Is the local guy just trying to make sure I've got to go back to get JD attachment stuff?
that is the most rediculous thing i ever heard that came from a dealer. The skid steer attachment is at the very most 50 pounds heavier my friend. At the most!. I would hardly call that a concern since a lot of users ad much more weight than that with the use of grapples and etc. I wonder what kind of stuff your dealer is smoking to raise such a concern on such a handy attachment. If you find out what he is smoking, let me know so i can get me some of that

/ trading up to JD3720 need some advice
I got my tractor ordered today! I went with the 72" MMM. I also went with the skid loader carrier and a 72" Foundry bucket. Only a 35lb difference between the 72 and 66. I got the bigger one for snow mostly. I may add a smaller bucket of some sort for digging in the future....
Is the cutting edge sold seperate from the bucket? That is what my dealer told me. I told him i will buy it later....