Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 563/ Ford 2600

Default To Trade, Or Not To Trade

Hi Everybody

I have a 2009 Massey Ferguson 563 with around 575 hours that I bought new from the dealer. I really like this tractor because it is very heavy and powerful for it's size. I have a remodeling/ construction business in east Texas, so the tractor is used mainly for dirt work, loading dumpsters with the hydraulic grapple, and setting supports with our hydraulic auger. However the drawbacks to the tractor are as follows, (1) The tractor has a mechanical shuttle shift which means "a lot of clutching and sore knees". (2) The tractor is 2wd which is OK, unless it rains.

I have found a 2005 kubota M5700 with 897 hours for sale about 200 miles from me. Although the Kubota is a little less weight and horse power than my Massey, it is 4wd and has a hydraulic shuttle= no clutching. I think I can get a pretty good deal on it with the trade in of my tractor.

I do not know very much about the M5700 model other than what I have read on the internet, so any comments, suggestions, or opinions about this trade would be greatly appreciated.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Default Re: To Trade, Or Not To Trade

I am sure you will get lots of opinions on here but I recommend you ask your accountants opinion too. I have found it better to buy a new machine with the best setup for my needs that I can depreciate for five years.

I would recommend a hydrostatic tractor for your uses, more convenient on construction sites.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Default Re: To Trade, Or Not To Trade

Go for the shuttle shift, you will love it. What is your budget? Look at the new MF 4600 series.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...