What'd I Miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What'd I Miss? #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
What\'d I Miss?

Hey, where did that rancorous thread about the fella that had the non-honored Kubota warranty go? Was it all just a bad dream, or did it have so much ill will the whole thing got deleted? Just wondering...

/ What'd I Miss? #2  
Re: What\'d I Miss?

Yes, it was deleted. Not because of the issue raised, but rather because of the nature in which the majority of posters responded.

/ What'd I Miss? #3  

And I think... rightly so!

/ What'd I Miss? #4  

<font color="blue"> What'd I Miss? </font>
Just a little home cooking from the Kubota Majority with the Deere followers taking some cheap shots. It will happen again just wait until someone lights the fuse again.

/ What'd I Miss? #5  

<font color="blue"> Yes, it was deleted. Not because of the issue raised, but rather because of the nature in which the majority of posters responded. </font>

In my opinion the root problem was the original poster more than the regular members of TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ What'd I Miss? #6  

On the internet at times it's very hard to determine what is real and what is just smoke and mirrors.

I read the post and replies this morning and chose not to reply ---why you ask---. That was one of those threads that was going to end up being a flame thrower.

U know much like the hst thread I got caught up in awhile back. No winner. So now I choose not to post to alot of threads anymore.

Gordon

/ What'd I Miss? #7  

Rtimgray, CW did respond back to my questions and answered them adequately. I believe him, he gave the required details. (I do not believe he was my JD dealer RaT)((however the thought did cross my mind in the beginning, HA HA.)) I’m the one deciding between the JD 110TLB and the setup CW had. The whole thread in a nutshell was that his dealer added a thumb which apparently voided the warranty which he found out after he bent his dipper rod by moving a stump with his BH. Very sad. I called A dealership in Houston today and they said that welding on a thumb on the dipper stick would heat the metal which could void the warranty.
This was one fast and furious thread. I enjoyed it but I can also see how some might be hurt by it so Muhammad did the right thing. Anyway, CW if you come back to read this thanks for the info. I now have more question to ask the dealers before I buy. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What'd I Miss? #8  

I'll add this - I asked my dealer to weld chain hooks on the bucket of the FEL and he told me that it would void the warranty. I decided that it really wasn't that big of a deal since I really didn't need the hooks. I bought two straps to use instead and those have worked fine for my limited usage. I'll likely wait until the warranty is out and use that as a good excuse to buy a welder. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I really didn't feel the tread had gotten THAT far out of hand. Where I come from it weren't even a good 'ole spit'n contest yet! Of course, just as we seemed we we're begining to make some progress, the John Deere consipacy theory got started! It was a real hoot after that! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What'd I Miss? #9  

I am not a Kubota dealer and could give most prospective customers a lot of reasons to purchase our tractors over Kubota, but I also think that post was a cheap shot.
Sure got a lot of replies quick-though----all of them in a non-flaming nature----good group of members.
The commander-in-chief of this forum deserves a standing ovation for keeping things in line.

dancce

/ What'd I Miss? #10  

<font color="blue">In my opinion the root problem was the original poster more than the regular members of TBN.</font>

The reason I say they aren't removed for the original content/topic but rather for the replies, is because collectively the differing opinions and reactions to the topic spark what we so often call a 'flame war' ... it's not really anybody's fault but the combination of factors cause the end result.

These threads come along every few months, and they always wind up the same way... with everybody arguing over dealers, manufacturers, brands, who's right, who's wrong, who told the truth, who lied, etc etc etc. It's a virtually endless argument and rather than let flame wars progress, we delete them. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.