Comparison kodiak rotary cutter compared to howse

/ kodiak rotary cutter compared to howse #1  

heels

Tractor
mf 375
what brand is better? Kodiak or howse? I am looking to buy a 7 foot rotary cutter. Howse and kodiak are both in my price range. Howse has a round back and kodiak has a square back. they are both close in weight and advertised as heavy duty. I know there are better rotary cutters but these are two I have found that I can afford. Which would you suggest and why? thanks

/ kodiak rotary cutter compared to howse #2  
What are the models of each one? Heavy duty can vary quite a bit from one manufacturer to the next.
From what I've read on here, both are good manufacturers. Are they brand new?

I'm sure your aware that many people will recommend an 8' twin over a 7'.

/ kodiak rotary cutter compared to howse #3  
i ws looking between howse and kodiak bak when I wanted a 10' mower. I ended up driving an hour to look at the kodiak. I found it to be acceptable in build.. not a premium mower by any means.. but looks like it would have worked. on the way back to get it.. I stopepd by another place a lil closer to home and found a howse... a lil cheaper.. got it. that was backin 04

Unles something has changed in those years ( could have! ).. i'd say either will be fine. get whichever one your wallet likes best.

as for a 7' they get awefully heavy and are usually long. many times a tractor that CAN totey a single spindle 7 can tote a dual spindle 8 as has been said.

usually shorter as it's 'essentially' (2) 4' mower side by side.. etc. that does mean more gearboxes and blades.. but also usually means 2 tail wheels too..

/ kodiak rotary cutter compared to howse #4  
as for a 7' they get awefully heavy and are usually long. many times a tractor that CAN totey a single spindle 7 can tote a dual spindle 8 as has been said.

usually shorter as it's 'essentially' (2) 4' mower side by side.. etc. that does mean more gearboxes and blades.. but also usually means 2 tail wheels too..

The 7' is a bit harder to get spun up to operation rpm's as the single blade is larger and heavier. A bit more wear and tear on your tractor's pto clutch, too. And, it's got a shorter distance to hit something when your backing up and swinging around a corner... :eek:

AKfish