Buying Advice Tractor package with Taylor Way implements

/ Tractor package with Taylor Way implements #1  

Leonlem

Tractor
Kubota L3800DT
I am getting ready to purchase my first tractor, and have decided on a Kubota L3800. I have found a few different options, and one of them is a package that includes the hst tractor with a quick detach loader, and Taylor Way implements. The implements are :
6' Rotary cutter
6' Disc
6' Box blade
I have not been able to find much information or reviews on that brand. Is there anyone who has any experience with them, or information that may be helpful?

My other option is a dealer who is close to me, but is offering a non packaged deal, that includes implements from different manufacturers.
6' Bush Hog cutter
6 1/2' Atlas disc
6' Atlas box blade
This package is a little more money, about $1200.00, but does not include the quick detach loader, and is a gear drive model on the tractor.

My hesitation on the first package is my uncertainty about Taylor Way implements, and the fact that the dealer is in another state. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Tractor package with Taylor Way implements #2  
I have both atlas (7.5 20x20 disc) and Taylor Pittsburgh (plow, box blade, row hipper) and can say that the Atlas implements are more strongly constructed. The welds are complete and through whereas they are a bit sloppy on the T-P stuff. Basically fit and finish, if that is important to you. I haven't broken any of my T-P stuff, but most of it isn't as visually appealing as Atlas.

The Bush Hog cutter will be a few steps above the T-P for sure. They have been doing it long enough to know what works.

/ Tractor package with Taylor Way implements #3  
I live several miles away from a guy who make Atlas/United/Big Bee equipment and utility trailers all a made at the same place by the same people. It is my understanding there are several places that make all 3 brands and quality may vary.

Also Taylor way is part of King Kutter at least on tillers anyway.

I would not consider either brand junk
Howse is another brand along the same grade

/ Tractor package with Taylor Way implements #4  
I shopped around for a box blade a few years ago and and found a Taylor Way branded model that was built stronger, heavier and braced better than any of the local competing models...for less $ than any of them. I may have gotten a leftover model as they soon changed to Taylor Pittsburg and I haven't seen my model in their lineup. So far it's taken all the abuse I can throw at it.

/ Tractor package with Taylor Way implements
Thanks for all of your help. I decided to go with the local dealer, even though he is a little higher. I ordered the Kubota L3800 DT with the loader, 6 1/2 ft Atlas disc, 6ft Bush Hog, & a 6 ft Atlas box blade. They are delivering it Saturday to my property. I can't wait to get to work!

/ Tractor package with Taylor Way implements #6  
Don't forget, we want pictures of your purchases!!! You never got the equipment if there are no pictures for us.:D
Your new TBN friends LOVE pictures!!!

Tom :camera:

PS almost forgot, :welcome: to TBN

Well my new L3800DT was delivered Saturday. I was only able to spend a few hours playing with it, but so far I'm impressed! I will be back on it next weekend for 2 full days of work, and I'll let you know how it does. So far, I have only pulled the 5' Bush Hog, and mowed a few roads. Here is a picture of the new rig. Thanks again for all the help.

tractor3photo.jpg

/ Tractor package with Taylor Way implements #8  
I have a Kunota L4400 and a Bush Hog rotary mower. My Box Bade is made by Taylor Way. It is the 4500 Series. It is six foot and has 6 scarifiers. My BB is well made and fits my needs perfectly.

/ Tractor package with Taylor Way implements #9  
Is that a 5' sbx60 bushhog brand boxblade in your photo?

Yes Mr Chris, that is a SBX60. I spent all day using it last Saturday. I was impressed. It has enough weight to cut easily when needed, and did a good job grading as well. I look forward to more time with it!