NorTrac Tractor info:

/ NorTrac Tractor info: #1  

AndyL52

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere
I have a cousin asking about the NorTrac tractors. He's thinking on one, and asked me what I think about them. So if anybody knows any thing about them, I'll like your input.

/ NorTrac Tractor info: #2  
The smaller ones....under 40 hp...are Jinma I believe????

/ NorTrac Tractor info: #3  
Below is the Jinma website. You can see if any look similar to the NorTrac. I have no personal experience with the Chinese tractors, but my opinion would be to stay with the more known tractor manufactures in the US. I would not purchase a Chinese tractor until the manufactures are more mainstream in the US and have a solid dealer network to support their products.

Four Wheel Tractor/ China Tractor / Farm Tractor / HuangHai Jinma Tractor

/ NorTrac Tractor info: #4  
you didn`t say if he was looking at new or used. if new , they (nortrac`s)are all made by foton now. earlier ones (3+years ago) were made by jinma(except the 82hp one,that is a foton). i`ve had mine for almost 4yrs and it has served me well . parts are a phone call away and they usually show up at my door a few days later.there are also a few other internet sorces for parts.
you might try posting in the chinese tractor section for more specific info, and you/he can call nortrac with any questions, they were helpful to me when i was looking.

/ NorTrac Tractor info: #5  
like timinsanborn said, newer ones are foton. older ones were jinmas. i researched the 25xt a bit. call northern tool and get their northern tractor dept and ask for bob (northerntool.com and look for contact #). he was very helpful answering my questions. from what i gathered, in my opinion, they would be an ok tractor for the typical user. due to limited dealers and parts being close by (in most cases) any heavier use, you should be able to do your own wrench turning on one. if you can't work on it yourself, you might appreciate a dealer near by to help you, which might mean looking at a different brand. just my 2 cents. good luck.

/ NorTrac Tractor info:
you didn`t say if he was looking at new or used. if new , they (nortrac`s)are all made by foton now. earlier ones (3+years ago) were made by jinma(except the 82hp one,that is a foton). i`ve had mine for almost 4yrs and it has served me well . parts are a phone call away and they usually show up at my door a few days later.there are also a few other internet sorces for parts.
you might try posting in the chinese tractor section for more specific info, and you/he can call nortrac with any questions, they were helpful to me when i was looking.

He's looking at the new from Northern.

/ NorTrac Tractor info:
like timinsanborn said, newer ones are foton. older ones were jinmas. i researched the 25xt a bit. call northern tool and get their northern tractor dept and ask for bob (northerntool.com and look for contact #). he was very helpful answering my questions. from what i gathered, in my opinion, they would be an ok tractor for the typical user. due to limited dealers and parts being close by (in most cases) any heavier use, you should be able to do your own wrench turning on one. if you can't work on it yourself, you might appreciate a dealer near by to help you, which might mean looking at a different brand. just my 2 cents. good luck.

I will look up that # and pass it along.

So they are made by the same as makes Mahindra it looks like. There are a few Mahindras around here.