New to owning acreage

/ New to owning acreage #11  
Ddmoit, You might want to consider looking at a subcompact tractor (JD1000/2000 series) like Bikerdib mentioned. They are much more versatile than a mower and they aren't that much more expensive when you consider all that you can do with one.

The mowers you are looking at are finish mowers, for the work you will be doing a rotary cutter or bush hog is probably needed. I have a 4 acre field i was cutting with a husky 48" ZTR and 54" husky rider. i would have to cut it every 4-5 days to keep it manageble, otherwise it would take 8 hours with multiple cuts trying to get it knocked down.

/ New to owning acreage
Here are some pics of my property where I try to capture the slopes...

Attachments

• P4230704.JPG
    P4230704.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 159
  • P4230706.JPG
    P4230706.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 148
  • P4230709.JPG
    P4230709.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 167
   / New to owning acreage #14  
I would be cutting grass with a ZTR, Them slopes look mean for a tractor.

/ New to owning acreage
Yes, it's a real outhouse, but there is no latrine beneath it, so it's more of a decoration.

/ New to owning acreage
Pretty much everything that needs to be mowed is on a slope - hardly any flat spots.

/ New to owning acreage #17  
   / New to owning acreage
I just moved here in November, so I have never cut it. I didn't see myself what the previous owners were using, but to hear my wife describe it, it was nothing more than a big box rider. I don't really know.

/ New to owning acreage #19  
Whatever you decide to buy had best be quite robust in the hydro trans , and be serviceable . You are going to generate alot of heat mowingand that will kill a light duty unit . Have you ever mowed this place , and with what ? Very nice place , love the crapper .

/ New to owning acreage #20  
I just moved here in November, so I have never cut it. I didn't see myself what the previous owners were using, but to hear my wife describe it, it was nothing more than a big box rider. I don't really know.
Very possible , that blows my theory all to **** .